movies to model by

Does anyone else here like to pop a movie in the dvd as background noise while modeling? I put on either 50s sci fi or documentaries,depending on my mood.
Tonight it's the original "the Thing" although I may watch the remake next time. Battle of Britain is good while doing a '109...Tora Tora Tora while doing a Zero...etc Now to find a model to work on,having just finished the smer me262a (with the nose from the haswgawa kit grafted on and decals for white 19 from the revell kit)

i live alone, so i use the telly as background noise to almost everything. dish just sent me a dvr for free so i'm in hog heaven.
I have the TV on when I model but only if it's something I am interested in slightly. If it's a show I like, I can't concentrate on my modeling. Same with movies, that's why I never model with one on. Eric There is never enough time to do all the nothing you want. Calvin and Hobbs 1990
News junkie. That and cop shows. History shows. Wings channel.
This may all change when I get the VCR set up in the office. I have about forty aircraft videos that may just get worn out.
Tom

in
Same
if I am not listening( half in half out) to short wave, I have one of them ancient turn tables where its either got Mozart or Charles Mingus on board...weird I know but its what turns me on.:-) Mike IPMS

How about "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas"? Now THERE'S a movie to model by!!
-John

putney swope is good, and killer klowns from outer space. (the dickies soundtrack rules.)

Killer Klowns was filmed in the hometown here. (Capitola, CA., down in the village at the beach). Cool movie.
-John

and it has john vernon. waiting for for dvd.
You God-Damnned poor bastard, how the hell do you model with the flying bats attacking you?
Here, take some ether.

What the hell ARE these goddamn animals? I need to switch to acrylics! There is nothing more pathetic than to see someone in the throes of a Xylene binge.
-John
Acrylics?! You are a shame to your race, you xylene binge imbibing junky! I'm a Doctor of Journalism, don't you know?
Now, stop waving that gun around and start using that old Floquil, without the mask you pansy!

Jesus, bad waves of paranoia, madness, fear and loathing -- intolerable vibrations in this place. Get out! The weasels were closing in. I could smell the ugly brutes. Flee!
But where? I thought for a moment and it came to me. Harve de Grace. Armour fanatics, SGFs, and large men in tight clothing. By God. It may just work.
http://www.cafeshops.com/qmdepot.8972237?zoom=yes#zoom

This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------030309050502040507080209 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
On a lot of DVD's, there's a special feature option you can choose to get a running commentary by the director, actors, etc. while the movie is playing. It's great to listen to while modeling! I'm currently listening to the historical commentary feature on my Patton DVD I recently bought.
Eyeball2002308 wrote:

--

**GOT JETS?**
I like it right now in the summer (in NZ) because then I can model while watching cricket. The two just seem to work together.
Eyeball2002308 wrote:

--
Remove 'NO-SPAMMERS' from e-mail address if replying personally

They are both slow and tedious........
But.... I am staring to like Cricket....
rich
Rich wrote:

That'll be it!! :)
Billy.

while
Usually 50s sci-fi or a war movie.The Thing, Them and Body Snatchers are favorites along with Tora Tora Tora and They Were Expendable. There's a real sleeper called The Flying Saucer I use as background while doing some tedious. Saturday morning I used to work to Mystery Science theater.
Val Kraut

I must have been the last one to know that The Blue Max is out on DVD. "It's a cruel world, Stachel . . . "
I just tune to the Sci Fi channel. They always have something on that makes for great muzak!
--
Scott, the Model Hobbit

Model Building is FUN!.........model building is fun.......model building is