movies to model by

Does anyone else here like to pop a movie in the dvd as background noise while modeling? I put on either 50s sci fi or documentaries,depending on my mood. Tonight it's the original "the Thing" although I may watch the remake next time. Battle of Britain is good while doing a '109...Tora Tora Tora while doing a Zero...etc Now to find a model to work on,having just finished the smer me262a (with the nose from the haswgawa kit grafted on and decals for white 19 from the revell kit)

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

i live alone, so i use the telly as background noise to almost everything. dish just sent me a dvr for free so i'm in hog heaven.

I have the TV on when I model but only if it's something I am interested in slightly. If it's a show I like, I can't concentrate on my modeling. Same with movies, that's why I never model with one on. Eric There is never enough time to do all the nothing you want. Calvin and Hobbs 1990

Reply to
Eric

News junkie. That and cop shows. History shows. Wings channel.

This may all change when I get the VCR set up in the office. I have about forty aircraft videos that may just get worn out.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

Reply to
dave999

I like it right now in the summer (in NZ) because then I can model while watching cricket. The two just seem to work together.

Billy

Eyeball2002308 wrote:

Reply to
Scotts Billy

They are both slow and tedious........

But.... I am staring to like Cricket....

rich

Reply to
Rich

if I am not listening( half in half out) to short wave, I have one of them ancient turn tables where its either got Mozart or Charles Mingus on board...weird I know but its what turns me on.:-) Mike IPMS

Reply to
Mike Keown

How about "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas"? Now THERE'S a movie to model by!!

-John

Reply to
Pacific95

Usually 50s sci-fi or a war movie.The Thing, Them and Body Snatchers are favorites along with Tora Tora Tora and They Were Expendable. There's a real sleeper called The Flying Saucer I use as background while doing some tedious. Saturday morning I used to work to Mystery Science theater.

Val Kraut

Reply to
Val Kraut

I just tune to the Sci Fi channel. They always have something on that makes for great muzak!

Reply to
The Model Hobbit

putney swope is good, and killer klowns from outer space. (the dickies soundtrack rules.)

I must have been the last one to know that The Blue Max is out on DVD. "It's a cruel world, Stachel . . . "

Reply to
Tom Cervo

That'll be it!! :)

Billy.

Reply to
Scotts Billy

Thanks to Comcast, they just put the Sci-fi channel on my cable system up to digital cable. Screw em, I'm not going to pay em just to watch

1 channel on their new line up.
Reply to
Dennis

50's SF is always good... especially the cheap (>$9) DVDs with 3 or 4 movies on them. All but the worst movies are fun to build to.

I built a Tamiya T-72 tank while watching the MST3K episode of "Lost Continent".

Reply to
Frank Henriquez

You God-Damnned poor bastard, how the hell do you model with the flying bats attacking you?

Here, take some ether.

Reply to
Dana J Nield

Killer Klowns was filmed in the hometown here. (Capitola, CA., down in the village at the beach). Cool movie.

-John

Reply to
Pacific95

What the hell ARE these goddamn animals? I need to switch to acrylics! There is nothing more pathetic than to see someone in the throes of a Xylene binge.

-John

Reply to
Pacific95

and it has john vernon. waiting for for dvd.