F-16E/F (Block 60)

Does any manufacturer have a kit (or conversion) planned for the new UAE F-16s?

I was at the Dubai Air Show this week and was amused to see that Lockmart had "kitbashed" a 1/1 F-16E from an F-16C by sticking fake conformals and a AN/ASQ28 IFTS pod on it.

Reply to
Myedniy Vsadnik

I was under the impression that all the differences in an F-16D/E were internal. They do have all-digital cockpits but I'd think that's the only thing that would show on a model.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

Sorry Al but there quite a few humps, bumps and scoops that are seen only on the E and even more so on the F. Some are the same as on the F-16I and some are completely different, it is not as simple as leaving off the nose pitot tube and calling it an E.

Regards Jim Barr

Al Superczynski wrote:

Reply to
J Barr

Lockheed Martin has been putting the simulated CFTs, "Eyeball, etc, on F-16C for years at air shows, I don't believe they had a sign saying it was an E, it is just something they have been doing for sometime now to give people an idea of what different mods would look like. The did have a nice 1/5 scale E and 1/10 scale F in their exhibit that had all the humps, bumps and scoops that you have on a real E & F.

Regards Jim Barr

Reply to
J Barr