New Tamiya Spitfire IX - ideas wanted

RE. the recent Tamiya Spitfire IX, could someone recommend a resource, (print, web or where ever), that would have some unusual colour profiles for that mark? As much as possible I'd like to build it straight OOB but would like to do something other than the standard camo paint scheme. Decals aren't a problem, I can make my own. Any leads would be appreciated.

TIA

Reply to
R. Franklin

This guy makes a compelling case for a nice desert camo, mid stone and dark earth over azure blue. But he may be slightly fixated on the new Airfix Spit kit... or possibly a Hurricane.

WmB

Reply to
WmB

Model building humor....... I wouldn't have thought it possible. That was great. I guess we shouldn't mention the 1/24 Mossie....

Reply to
R. Franklin

What about post war ones? Quite a few European contries flew the Spitfir Mk IX post war, both camouflaged and in allover metal finish.

BElgium, Norway, Netherlands Denmark just to name some - and also eastern Europe, Israel etc.

Claus Gustafsen Denmark

"R. Franklin" skrev i meddelelsen news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Reply to
Claus Gustafsen

Go to Hannant's and search for 1/32 Spitfire decals; loads of ideas = there.

Israeli tan/blue Irish Air Corps overall green (?) RAF "PRU Pink" Dutch green/light blue

Curt KVPS

Reply to
Curt

Dhuuuuuu.... Hadn't thought of that, I's an idjit.

Thank you Curt, will go there.

Reply to
R. Franklin

"Claus Gustafsen" wrote in news:wDRfn.4783$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe13.iad:

Wasn't the all black Spit with the red lightning stripe on it, the mount of the head of the IAF in the begining a Mk IX?

Reply to
Gray Ghost

I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it...

RobG (The Aussie One)

Reply to
RobG