Plastic clamps

At a recent club meeting the subject was tools, and folks brought in their best or favorites. One guy bought in some neat clamps he paid 8 bucks apiece for. Someone said the local Harbor Freights had a very similar clamp for a buck each.

I went there and picked up three of these things. They are "bar" clamps, about six inches long. These are the kind you press a button to make large changes in size, then press a "trigger repeatedly to build up force. The teeth are VERY fine, meaning you can control the clamp pressure very nicely.

I have not tried it on a model yet, but they should work a lot better than any other clamps I have, and the price was right!

Reply to
Don Stauffer

on 10/30/2009 10:45 AM (ET) Don Stauffer wrote the following:

I bought a lot of clamps from Harbor Freight. I have the kind you describe and also a pack of these for modeling.

willshak

the big versions of those are excellent for wood joinery. good to know they make model sizes.

Reply to
someone

You can get similar ones at Sears - except they aren't geared...they sort of inch-worm along when you pull the trigger. They're smaller versions of the larger woodworking clamps.

...but I still like my Berna Assemblers better than anything.

Reply to
Rufus

what's that url again, kind sir?

Reply to