Clamps

Usually I don't buy extra stuff from MSC but I had to bite in these clamps at the bottom of page 27.

With the exception of the foot pad being a bit thinner I can't tell the difference from my Bessey HD clamps (BIG difference in price). Maybe the alloy is different but I only hand tighten anyway and they seem the same...

Matt

Reply to
matthew maguire

That link got me to the front page of a sale flyer - I saw no clamps .

Reply to
Terry Coombs

| > With the exception of the foot pad being a bit thinner I can't tell | > the difference from my Bessey HD clamps (BIG difference in price). | > Maybe the alloy is different but I only hand tighten anyway and they | > seem the same... | > Matt | | That link got me to the front page of a sale flyer - I saw no clamps . | -- | Snag | sometimes ya gotta | shovel manure | to pay the bills |

Bottom of page 27.

Try this, and scroll to the bottom of the page.

I have several of these, and they seem to be as good as it gets of a universal clamp.

Reply to
Watson

Guess which part of his post I missed ?

Reply to
Terry Coombs

all i see is drill bits

Reply to
Ignoramus20222

You missed it too - go to the bottom of page 27 .

Reply to
Terry Coombs

I bought some of their clamps a few years ago and was very impressed. The feature I like the most is that you can reverse the clamp arm to make it into a spreader.

I bought some of their other clamps as well. One of the really cool ones is a hold down clamp

really great for all sorts of repair jobs.

I have used them several times to weld deck plates down on our barges.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

Hey, those are cool! Gonna have to print that out for the guys next door, they tack washers down and slide a drill press clamp over them (washer removal sucks).

What caught my eye on the clamp deal was that I'm always grabbing a block to "C" clamp around stuff and work on it. With these things you can reach around about 1 1/2" and if you need more just screw in a 3/8" capscrew.... neat.

Thanks for the link Matt

Reply to
matthew maguire

--Damn handy; I've got a couple of 'em. Have been trying to figure out how to put a swivel-vee on both jaws of one so's I can line up tubes at weird angles.

Reply to
steamer

Maybe weld a nut onto the V, weld a bolt onto the clamp and use a locknut?

Reply to
Balders

--Don't need to; they sell a V mounted to a magnet to do just this; very neat! Magnet has a little lip on the bottom so that it centers, too.

Reply to
steamer