Re: ar 234 v6

anyone know anything about color pics of this aircraft?

> i'm duplicating a model i made forty years ago, converting > two of the lindberg ar 234b kits. so far it's pretty strait > forward, sand off all the rivets, sand of the "bomb" > moldings on the engines and fill the landing gear wells. > put i can't tell about the skids on each engine and was the > fuselage bottom squared off for the main skid? > the interior and other pieces won't be too hard, i assume it > was pretty stock to a standard v model? > anyway, the only reference i have so far is the green > warplanes bomber volume. any url's out there?

Green's "Warplanes of the Third Reich" shows a skid under each engine and a very slight depression for the main skid under the belly--probably not even worth trying to simulate. Otherwise the airplane looks very much like a B-model. The biggest problem is that the nacelles are really different aft of the midpoint. It looks like the burner cans are completely exposed for about three feet of their length.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

What you really need is to get hold of a copy of the hardbound Monogram book on the 234. It has a nice 5 view drawing of a V1, and some great b&w shots of aircraft listed as V1's through V5's...funny, no mention of a V6 in a quick look at my copy.

Th econfig of the center skid does look to have changed from V1 to V5 - by V5 it appears to fit into a well; with actuators that retract it straight up into the well. The bottom of the fuselage on the V5 looks rounded, with the exception of the cut out for the well.

The pictures of the aircraft in the Monogram book do not show them with exposed burner cans - pics of the jets during take off, landing, and general sitting around on the ramp all show the same full nacelles as on a 234B...but I'll again point out that this reference doesn't specifically show or refer to a V6 variant.

BUT - my Aero Details book DOES have a picture of V6...aircraft V6 (here we are with factory CUM numbers again...I should have guessed...). Looking at that pic, the fuselage and center skid of V6 look no different from those of V1-5. Should have looked here first...

Just in case you don't have the info - Aero Details lists V6's W.Nr as

130006; and fuselage codes as GK+IW
Reply to
Rufus

yep 004's instead of 003's. i hink card stock will look ok. i just wonder if the skids are blue also.

big help rufe, thanks. bohe green's have line drawings of the engines. they should be easy. i'm off to half com for a search. why didn't them low life nazi dorks take endless color pics for us modelers?

dat's it! dat's it!

-moe