Re: How do I wet sand plastic?

Hi :-)

I usually use a cup or a plate of tap water with a drop of dishwashing fluid added. And of course a newspaper underneath to soak up the water. Put a plastic bag underneath the paper to protect the table. When you are done for the day, fold up the paper and put it in the bag. Presto: neat and quick cleanup.

When you fold sandpaper, fold it so that you avoid grit against grit.

Pencil erasers make good sanding blocks, they can also be cut to fit a surface/edge.

Rub two pieces of sandpaper against eachother to make a finer grit on the paper.

Good luck, Henrik

Thanks for replying to my post! > > What is the best method for wet sanding? > > I managed to get my hands on 1200-2000 grit wet/dry sandpaper but, I > have never done this before. Any input on conditions, technique, > tools, etc. would be appreciated. > > Thank you!
Reply to
Basil

Hey that sounds like a neat trick. Thanks Alot! Mike IPMS

Reply to
Mike Keown

snipped-for-privacy@events.dk (Basil) wrote in :

I've taken to using a (plastic) drinks tray. Makes for even quicker cleanup, and you can put parts on the tray and sand them (without sanding through the newspaper).

Reply to
Harro de Jong