Re: Jeep and D-Day question

>Hi all. >I'm currently working on the Airfix Willys Jeep, and it came with D-Day >markings for the 1st Infantry Group. It indicates service on June 6th, >1944. >Would someone please tell me if these vehicles landed that same day, >based on the markings? >Much of what I've seen in both movies and documentaries indicate the >vehicles and stuff began rolling in later on...like maybe a day later or >more. >I wanted to make a small plaque for my Jeep, which will be placed in a >coastal-type dio. If this vehicle would have actually gone ashore that >same day I can put that, but I'd still love to know what time frame >vehicles with the 1st Infantry Group made landfall. >As always, your input is greatly appreciated. > >BTW, I've placed pics on the "alt" model site several times, but they >don't last very long there like they used to. Can anyone tell me why? >I like posting pics of finished projects, particularly ones you all >helped me with, but they only last a few days at most. >Take care everyone. > >Randy >IPMS Houston > >We're living in a world that's been pulled over our eyes to blind us >from the truth. Where are you, white rabbit? >

as more and more people get braodband, the posts of videos and music inreases. server space is expensive. where a few years back posts were in megbytes per day, now it's terrabytes. my nsp used to have 120 days retention on text and 68 days on binary servers, now it's 40 and 20. adding much is the dutch plague. the posters from holland are mostly clueless and selfish. for prood look at an .nl.chello ot and vcd group.

I think you meant "1st Infantry Division" (US one)? If so, yes, it and a number of other light vehicles went ashore -- mostly Dodge WC-51/52 and WC-62/63 types, as well as some GMC CCKWs and supporting armor from other units like the

743d Tank Battalion.

Cookie Sewell

Reply to
AMPSOne