Simple jug question

Hi all,

Building the tamiya bubble top, and I am stumped at a simple color question. Kit calls for Zinc Cromate inside the Cowl but I fail to find reference reflecting this as true. Most kits Ive seen built have a Neutral grey or darker, throughout the inside of the cowl. and some I see follow the kit instruction! What is the general school of thought in this forum.??

regards, Brett.

Reply to
Brett Johnson

If you're seeing grey perhaps it's oil waste thrown there every time the engine runs. I went ahead and used the chromate but things have not gotten too far to change if the truth comes out here.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

The only coloured pics I have of a jug show yellow zinc chromate as the interior cowling colour.I can E Mail them if you would like . It's a museum exhibit painted in the grey green camo scheme,with invasion stripes . remove "no spam" from my e-mail addy to reply

Reply to
Kevin(Bluey)

It would make most sence if it was just primed in Zinc Chromate, wheelwells and gunbays are yellow chromate on most Jug pictures, why waste time, money and accept a weight penalty by putting on a second layer inside the cowl.

Reply to
Claus Gustafsen

You really tink a couple of coats of paint in the cowl is a weight penalty? On a P-47????

Reply to
frank

I'm wondering why they even bother with all that smudge and oil keeping it lubed.

WmB

Reply to
WmB