Simple jug question

Hi all,
Building the tamiya bubble top, and I am stumped at a simple color question. Kit calls for Zinc Cromate inside the Cowl but I fail to find reference
reflecting this as true. Most kits Ive seen built have a Neutral grey or darker, throughout the inside of the cowl. and some I see follow the kit instruction! What is the general school of thought in this forum.??
regards, Brett.
Brett Johnson wrote:

If you're seeing grey perhaps it's oil waste thrown there every time the engine runs. I went ahead and used the chromate but things have not gotten too far to change if the truth comes out here.
Bill Banaszak, MFE
Brett Johnson wrote:

The only coloured pics I have of a jug show yellow zinc chromate as the interior cowling colour.I can E Mail them if you would like . It's a museum exhibit painted in the grey green camo scheme,with invasion stripes . remove "no spam" from my e-mail addy to reply
--
Kevin(Bluey)
snipped-for-privacy@westnet.com.au

Claus Gustafsen
Strandby Denmark
You really tink a couple of coats of paint in the cowl is a weight penalty? On a P-47????

I'm wondering why they even bother with all that smudge and oil keeping it lubed.
WmB