Brightest Red Acryl ic Model Paint Available???

Hello Folks

I was wondering what you all would consider the "Brightest" Red Acrylic (Flat or Semi-Gloss) Paint available. I'm just about to paint a kit from the Anime Z-Gundam and I'm trying to find a "Bright" Red. So far, I've found Signal Red from the Polly-S Railroad Line of Acrylics but before I take the plunge I wonder if their is something better.

Thanks

Darrylbar

PS

On the other hand, what would you all Mix into "Signal Red" or other such to give it a brighter look.

Thanks

Darrylbar

Reply to
Darrylbar

For me, the biggest key to keeping red (or yellow) bright is the undercoat. Paint the surface Flat White first, then do the Red, and the red will look loads better. I still remember a plane I painted red where only part of the fuselage had been painted white, and the difference was dramatic. The spots with the white undercoat were clearly better.

Model Master Acryl has several different reds.

Reply to
andrew.deboer

if you have a white undercoat, should you seal it to avoid getting pink?

Craig

Reply to
crw59

Why would you get pink?

Reply to
frank

white and red make pink - just thought that might happen if you paint before the white has cured. a clear coat would prevent that?????

Craig

Reply to
crw59

Check the artist tube acrylics. Several 'bright' shades to pick from. Also don't overlook craft paints as options since you're working in acrylics. ps OTOH experiment with different ratios of white/yellow mixed with the red. Might start with 3 W+1Y to 10 R

-- Chuck Ryan Springfield OH

Reply to
Chuck Ryan