Mounting your steed

Is it customary for pilots from all countries to get into the cockpit from the left side? Pete

Reply to
The Laws

Probably not...but by way of example, the boarding ladder on a Harrier is on the right side...but it's on the left on the T-45A/Hawk and the Toronado...and they are all (mostly) BaE built products...

I guess it really depends on the airplane, but I suppose in general, left mount is right.

Reply to
Rufus

Well on a Spitfire you have the hatch/door on the left, but on Typhoon's the door is on the right side. I belive the Hurricane also has the step on the right. A lot of Bubbletop WW II planes had walkways on both sides, so my guess is that it's your choise on those, otherwise that of a designer.

Reply to
Claus Gustafsen

Some navy type aircraft mount from the right. That is the side closest to the island on an carrier.

Reply to
Wildcat