Trying to locate some decals VA-144 Roadrunners circa 1968/1969

All,

I am trying to locate a decal sheet to do an A4 from VA-144 on USS Bon Homme Richard. The Roadrunners.....

Anyone know if such a sheet ever existed ? Scale not real important but

1/48 a plus. And if such a sheet is still around where I might get one ?

Best Regards

Bill

Reply to
William R. Mattil

In 1/72, the Fujimi A-4C kit has decals for 149561 NK/408 aboard USS Constellation in 1963 and 149532 NH/312 aboard USS Forrestal in 1967.

In 1/48, Victory Models produce a decal sheet containing 148566 NH/302 aboard USS Kitty Hawk.

Enzo Matrix

Enzo,

Thanks a bunch ! The Victory sheet has exactly what I was looking for.

Regards

Bill

Reply to
William R. Mattil

You're very welcome, Bill.

It's a shame that sheet isn't available in 1/72, or I would have snapped it up. Likewise with the F-104 sheet.

I don't build jets in 1/48 (with the excepetion of a single F-104 that I built about a year ago). I do build second world war fighters in 1/48. I have used the Victory sheet VPD48006 which has markings for 41 different Spitfires! I've built four from the sheet and have plans for at least another five.

The decals are very glossy and so will require a coat of varnish to blend them in with your chosen finish. When I first used them I was a little concerned because they look to be rather thick. Not as thick as Modeldecals used to be, but still noticeably much thicker than those produced by Xtradecal. However, I need not have worried. The decals respond very well to MicroSol. All in all I'm pleased with the Spitfire sheet and would recommend Victory decals.

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

Try the Victory Decalss sheet of the A-4, it has VA-144 and may be of the time period you are looking or.

Reply to
Stanley Parker

Hi Enzo,

This actually a multi-part challenge. Not only build the 1/48 version but to somehow scale the markings up to fit a 1/6 scale aircraft, turbine powered of course . I want to make it as accurate as possible including the under wing stores and cockpit. I have a few pictures that were taken in the late 60's of carrier Op's off the Bonnie Dick and would love to reproduce that aircraft.

What can I say ? I like Scooters !

Thanks again !

Regards

Bill

Reply to
William R. Mattil

Dozens of variants and sub-variants. Hundreds of colour schemes. Decades of service history, requiring a lot of research. Combat in four wars, again requiring a lot of research.

What's not to like?!?

Reply to
Enzo Matrix