Wash for chrome grill?

Hi all,
What's the best, most fool-proof way of applying a wash to a chrome grill?
I know the basic process, just haven't done it before and don't want to use
something that is going to remove the chrome, be too hard to remove from
the high spots, et cetera.
Thanks!
Jack
Reply to
Jack Smith
I've always used thinned gloss black paint. Flat paint will just not look right. If you have a grille with multiple planes you may have to work on each plane separately. To do otherwise will end up with puddles in places you don't want.
Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.
Reply to
Mad-Modeller
Enamels like Testors even when thinned to a wash do not affect the chrome. I frequently use a wash of Testors flat black.
Reply to
Don Stauffer in Minnesota
Don Stauffer in Minnesota wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@i13g2000prf.googlegroups.com:
So, apply the wash, then just wipe the excess? Or do you wait for it to dry and try to use a bit of thinner on the raised bits?
Jack
Reply to
Jack Smith
If you wait until the wash starts to dry a bit, wiping off with a clean cloth will work.
Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.
Reply to
Mad-Modeller
innews: snipped-for-privacy@i13g2000prf.googlegroups.com: