Way OT: For the GGuitar Collectors in the group

I know that this is a bit off topic and for that I appologize but there are a couple of guiter collectors on the group and I thought that they might like to hear about this story and the accompanyign video.

A musician named Dave Carroll recently had difficulty with United Airlines. United apparently damaged his treasured Taylor guitar ($3500) during a flight. Dave spent over 9 months trying to get United to pay for damages caused by baggage handlers to his custom Taylor guitar. During his final exchange with the United Customer Relations Manager, he stated that he was left with no choice other than to create a music video for youtube exposing their lack of cooperation. The Manager responded: "Good luck with that one, pal." So he posted a retaliatory video on youtube. The video has since received over 6 million hits. United Airlines contacted the musician and attempted settlement in exchange for pulling the video. Naturally his response was: "Good luck with that one, pal." Taylor Guitars sent the musician 2 new custom guitars in appreciation for the product recognition from the video that has led to a sharp increase in orders. Here's the video
http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=5YGc4zOqozo

Regards, John Braungart
In article

This is brilliant!

Out-frigging-standing!
Brilliant! I have said for sometime that our business schools turn out the worst product ever. Good for Dave!
The Old Man wrote:

couple of guiter collectors on the group and I thought that they might like to hear about this story and the accompanyign video.

United apparently damaged his treasured Taylor guitar ($3500) during a flight. Dave spent over 9 months trying to get United to pay for damages caused by baggage handlers to his custom Taylor guitar. During his final exchange with the United Customer Relations Manager, he stated that he was left with no choice other than to create a music video for youtube exposing their lack of cooperation. The Manager responded: "Good luck with that one, pal."

over 6 million hits. United Airlines contacted the musician and attempted settlement in exchange for pulling the video. Naturally his response was: "Good luck with that one, pal."

This guitar smashing incident happened some time ago...that video was originally posted in 2009 -
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Breaks_Guitars
Then he did a second one -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-UoERHaSQg

...and a third, which I hadn't realized until now -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P45E0uGVyeg&feature=relmfu

But they're all creative and on point. Good on the guy!
--
- Rufus

good for taylor. and united shows the attitude of why we are screwing the pooch of business. good luck with that one, indeed, pal. hope that summabitch walks acorss death valley in july wearing a coating of dust.