Xtracolor drying times

> I'd be interested to hear of your experience with the paint.

> >I'll keep you posted, but please keep in mind that I'm stuck in the >crawler lane for the moment, so it could be two or three months before I >make sufficient progress.

Well, that was faster than expected:-)

Anyway, I shot some 'Radome Tan' last week, and it appeared to be well behaved, not to mention dry to the touch after something like 12 hours.

Appearances aren't everything though..

Just over 24 hours after airbrushing, I masked with Tamiya tape and shot the next colour, and removed the tape in under an hour. Despite the primer on the kit, some of the Radome Tan came off with the tape. Fine, I've spot painted such blemishes before. Unfortunately, when I did so after another

24 hours, the new paint reacted with the old, which blistered and peeled off, just about wrecking the paintjob. Grrr...

Rob

Reply to
Rob van Riel

Ooh! I haven't had that sort of problem with Xtracolor. Once it dries it seems to have a very tough surface. I have used X103 Insignia Red, X105 Sand, X148 Israeli Green and X149 Israeli Pale Blue. The red and the sand took ages to dry. The green and the blue were touch dry in about six hours and maskable in 24. None of them have lifted with masking tape.

Reply to
Enzo Matrix