Anyone using Floworks ?

Successes or not, in which areas?

TIA JM

Reply to
Jean Marc

Not successfull in my field. We tried to model an existing wing and compare it to known windtunnel data for the same wing. It did not compare. Even the guys at Cosmos could not get comparable results.

A true test is to always run an analysis and then compare to laboratory results. You must validate the software to be confident the results are good.

Reply to
Phil Evans

One of the areas I want to use it for is air/ gas mix in burners. I have asked my VAR for a benchmark against a known burner that we spent quite a lot of time fine tuning. From what I have seen, it seems that the results look alike. The detailed results and the way to get to them will be presented in a couple of weeks.

"Phil Evans" a écrit dans le message de news:

0vudnZqtLNEX9EjanZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com...
Reply to
Jean Marc

One thing you have to remember is that FloWorks is not an SRAC product. They are just repackaging it for SW. As such they would have to pass your problem on to others and this is generally not very efficient.

Most CAE codes that I have come across have an examples folder buried in the installation folder. I know Cosmos/M does have this. CFDesign also has it as do the Nastrans, ANSYS, Fluent, etc. I would be surprised if FloWorks doesn't have this because I believe they used to. They compare their codes to classical problems of course. In my thinking CFD codes are more difficult to run well when compared to FEA codes because the solution is not as simple as solving Kd=f like it is in FEA. So if the vendor doesn't have people who have actual CFD experience and a degree in a related field I would be a little shy because you will need that kind of help at some point.

TOP

Reply to
TOP

It was the lack of results that cost them a sale. Never buy CAE software without getting the vendor to make a validation analysis.

--

--------------------------------- --- -- - Posted with NewsLeecher v3.8 Final Web @

----- ---- -- -

Reply to
Anonymous

Thanks for your answer. But I need some translations: SRAC= ?

Not so sure about: CAE CFD

Thanks In Advance JM

"TOP" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@a70g2000hsh.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Jean Marc

SRAC (Structural Research and Analysis Corporation?) was the company that wrote Cosmos. They are now part of SolidWorks.

Computer Aided Engineering, such as Cosmos.

Computational Fluid Dynamics, such as FlowWorks.

Jerry Steiger

Reply to
Jerry Steiger