API - how to get ShowChildComponentsInBOM

I have made a VBA program that lists properties for SW-files. I would also
like to show the value of the check-box "don't show child component in BOM
when used as a sub-assembly"
I use the following code
Dim swApp As SldWorks.SldWorks
Dim Model As ModelDoc2
Dim numConfigs As Long
Dim Names As Variant
Set swApp = CreateObject("sldWorks.application")
Set Model = swApp.OpenDoc6(path & filename, swDocASSEMBLY,
swOpenDocOptions_Silent, "", lngErrors, lngWarnings)
numConfigs = Model.GetConfigurationCount()
Names = Model.GetConfigurationNames()
For i = 0 To (numConfigs - 1)
MsgBox ("Config #" + Str(i) + " is: " + Names(i))
Next
This lists the names of the different configurations - but I cant figure out
how to access the field "ShowChildComponentsInBOM" I looked at API help -
but it doesn't really help me on this one - so a specific example would be
nice.
Any help?
John
Reply to
John
use Configuration::ShowChildComponentsInBOM you must first obtain the configuration object through a call to ModelDoc2::GetConfigurationByName clear enough ?
Reply to
Philippe Guglielmetti
Got it - it works. Thanks.
Can I address the different configurations without using the name? Can I just step through them with like GetNextConfiguration...?
John
Reply to
John
as you can see, the APIs to access the properties require the config names. There is a Configuration::Name method to obtain the name of a config. If you want to go trhough all configs, then ModelDoc2::GetConfigurationNames is the one. My 2 cents if you want to do some serious API development : spend a few hours reading ALL the apihelp. You can't memorize everything, but you'll remember what's in and what's not.
Reply to
Philippe Guglielmetti
Ive also found, if you're using early binding, that doing a search thru the object browser will turn up 'partial' hits for commands better than the search in the help.
Reply to
rocheey