Need example / help file for SWX API

Hi friends, I have some innovaite ideas but need to know SWX API. I m started to learn to write API programs in SWX. Pl guide me to some sites where i can get help files/ example files.

If any of you did programs in SWX ,please forward to me i will use that as a exmple to explore me more.

Reply to
VJN

Best regards,

Mak

VJN wrote:

Reply to
mnalgirkar

The help that loaded with SW is full of examples. Have you looked at these?

Reply to
TOP

Examples of what.

How to connect to SW? How to connect to Drawings? How to connect to a specific object? How to make an addin?

What do you want to know no single example is going to cover all the bases.

Corey

Reply to
CS

thanks Corey,

Initially i need help for Connect to SW and later or i will go for Drawings. My motaive is to create a addin applicaion for SW. so, i need the details.

I expect you will guide me for some time.

Vijayan (vjn)

Reply to
VJN

I agree, help is a start. The SW api web pages add to it. There are various examples of SW macros posted around the web. And of course MSofts VB docs, the SW SDK and if you want to meet the people who actually know, get to SW World in January.

CS wrote:

Reply to
TOP

Some more stuff that may or may not be out of date.

and choose at the bottom of the page mm_09a.zip

- look for the ChangeCustomProps Utilitie, it comes with sources

- free add-in template to build your own add-in using VB

- great resource, there is sample code to monitor events and notification (in the upper right corner) and the SolidWorks API SDK with many exapmles in VB

- don't know if Bob has some code regarding custom properties but worth a look

Reply to
TOP

First you will want to reference the SwTypeLib and SWConstLib (These may not be the correct names)

Dim SwApp as Sldworks.Sldworks

Set SwApp = New Application.SldWorks or

Set SwApp = CreateObject(SolidWorks.Application,)

or for version specific

Set SwApp = CreateObject(SolidWorks.Application.12,)

I don't remember wether 12 was 2003 or 2004 but they are incremental.

Corey

Reply to
CS

VJN:

What language are you programming in? I have a tutorial for SW addins in VB6.

Reply to
That70sTick

It is good to hear from you,I m using VB6. If u have tutotial, pl forward to me. It may be a great help for starter.

Thank you

vijayan

Reply to
VJN

It's on my website at .

There are sample files and support documents in the zip file.

Good luck.

Reply to
That70sTick