Api Question About Dimension

Not in SW2003.

Sorry,

-- Bob Hanson CEO Custom Programming Unlimited LLC SolidWorks Solution Partner in two categories (SW API training/consulting and SW PDM provider)

website (Home of SW API Public Code snippets)

SolidWorks 2003 World User Conference Exhibitor Booth #407

Reply to
Robert V. Hanson

Is there any way to know if a geometric tolerance is attached to a dimension ?

Reply to
Eran Amiel

to get at a tolerance that is attached to a dimension. you must first get the dimension.

Reply to
Sean Phillips

I checked and you can try using the GetAnnotation from the particulat GTol to get the base annotation object and then try the Annotation.GetAttachedEntities method to get the dimension. I am not sure that this will work, but it seems to be your best try.

Best Regards,

-- Bob Hanson CEO Custom Programming Unlimited LLC SolidWorks Solution Partner in two categories (SW API training/consulting and SW PDM provider)

website (Home of SW API Public Code snippets)

SolidWorks 2003 World User Conference Exhibitor Booth #407

Reply to
Robert V. Hanson

Reply to
Sean Phillips

Yes Sean, the dimension tolerance is seperate from the geometric tolerance known in the API as GTol. The original posting was requesting information on whether you can determine the dimension that a GTol is attached and the answer to the best of my knowlege is still no.

Best Regards,

-- Bob Hanson CEO Custom Programming Unlimited LLC SolidWorks Solution Partner in two categories (SW API training/consulting and SW PDM provider)

website (Home of SW API Public Code snippets)

SolidWorks 2003 World User Conference Exhibitor Booth #407

training/consulting

Reply to
Robert V. Hanson