Appearance Callouts, edit -->CDT 2006sp3.4

This has happened on earlier SP'as well, but every time I select a face in a part file and try to edit the appearance of a face or feature, as seen in the rollout demo, I get a CDT... I've got a fairly robust machine...AMD148Opteron, 2Gb ram, FX1100 running 7.1.8.4...

...anybody else see this?

Reply to
hayduke

Seems to work just fine here. SW2006 SP3.0

WT

***
Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

I would want to rule out whether this might be a video driver issue. To do this, launch SolidWorks but don't open any files. Go to Tools, Options, System Options, Performance. Near the bottom of the screen, find the "Use Software OpenGL" setting. It's probably unchecked--CHECK it. Now open the part or assembly you were working on and see if you can use the appearance callout functions without crashing. If so, then the problem is likely your video driver or with your card-specific video settings.

Of course if this doesn't correct the problem, repeat the above steps and UNCHECK the Software OpenGL setting, then give your reseller a call and they can help you troubleshoot further.

Reply to
bwilliamson

Thanks for the tips, I unchecked some of the "fancy" nVidia settings and it seems to be working as it should...

Whit

snipped-for-privacy@progressi> I would want to rule out whether this might be a video driver issue.

Reply to
hayduke

Makes me question whether you set the nVidia driver application to SolidWorks??? If not, that could have been your problem.

WT

***
Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Hmm, that seems likely... since I mess with video drivers only once or twice a year, but no, after some digging to find where that setting is made, it is set to Solidworks...and almost everything else in there is nVidia default...

Wayne Tiffany wrote:

Reply to
hayduke