Anybody using Mutoh XP-500 plotter?

I have someone offering a free one. I wonder if anyone out there is using one with Solidworks? I know that this is an old plotter so really what I'm looking for is experience... have you got one running, and does it work OK, or have you found that it can't be made to work with Solidworks. That's the kind of information I'm looking for.

Thanks very much.

Jim

Reply to
J & J

The Mutoh is a fine old name. I suspect it's a pen plotter and there aren't too many drivers around to work with XP. Windows XP has some HP drivers and some of the older plotters have that compatibility. eg, I use a HI DMP 60 which recognizes the HP Draftsmaster 1 drivers. Maybe of you do some diggiing you can find out a little more about the Mutoh. Solid works does not have any drivers that they supply.

Bigbear

Reply to
Bigbear

We bought several old pen plotters as gov't surplus. Finding drivers for them was impossible from the mfgs. There is a software co that writes plotter drivers, but their software was more expensive than a new plotter. At that time, one of my 2d programs was turbocad. It was crap software to use, but had great post processing for all of the plotters we bought.

We since narrowed our plotter selection down to a single plotter ( draftmaster rx plus ) which kinda sorta works within SW. When I need a good plot, I still export the drawing as a .dxf and plot from turbocad. You might check to see if it still has similar post processing capabilities for plotters ( think you can d/l a fully funtional trial ). For free... hard to go wrong with any plotter.

Reply to
Brian