Areas Where Gibbscam Still Leads

No chaining in Gibbscam.

Gibbscam might be the most non-modal CAM system right now.

Gibbscam Machining Markers.

Gibbscam gives the user *dynamic graphical control* over where your toolpath starts, stops and on which element it starts and stops on as well as which direction your cutter travels in and on which side you wish to cut on. This *dynamic graphical control* control can be very quickly accessed at anytime.

Reply to
Joe788

No chaining in Gibbscam.

Gibbscam might be the most non-modal CAM system right now.

Gibbscam Machining Markers.

Gibbscam gives the user *dynamic graphical control* over where your toolpath starts, stops and on which element it starts and stops on as well as which direction your cutter travels in and on which side you wish to cut on. This *dynamic graphical control* control can be very quickly accessed at anytime.

Reply to
Joe788

Do you cream your jeans when you use the phrases *dynamic graphical control* and *non-modal*???

Reply to
Zymrgy

Jon, you can't have "dynamic graphical control" over something that only offers two choices, like clockwise, or counterclockwise. Only a buzzword loving lunatic would repeat such garbage.

Mastercam also has dynamic start point selection for the CHAIN (which you claim you're not doing in Gibbs), but I'm sure you've never been able to find it.

Reply to
Joe788

Every system has some kind of marker at the start/end of toolpath contours and shows direction. I'll admit I wouldn't mind seeing something that also showed what side it was on. But after a while, you know the system so well correctly picking a side is a non issue. You start to use the force to know things like that automatically.

Reply to
vinny