Re: When Will Solid Edge With S/T Be Released?

Late July, early August. Many Solid Edge VAR's now up to speed and doing webcasts.

] -Jon Banquer-

[ > I forgot to ask him when synch ships...

As I posted: End of July, early August. I also posted you can hold me to this time frame.

] -Jon Banquer -

[
They start training classes for Solid Edge with S/T on August 27th. Seems to me that Solid Edge with S/T will be released in the next two weeks.

]-Jon Banquer-

Reply to
brewertr

How is it considered released if not mailed?

You keep posting in alt.machines.cnc but you have no connection to machines, machining or CNC's. You keep posting in comp.cad.solidworks and if I read your posts correctly you have never used and don't own SolidWorks. Are you a Siemens shill?

Tom

Reply to
brewertr

You bought SolidEdge?

Reply to
brewertr

When software companies announce release dates its available, shipped or on the shelf date, not "released" for production to be shipped at some later undetermined time (a week or two or three or four).

Tom

Reply to
brewertr

Phil,

100x easier/faster eh. Every time someone makes a boast like that first thing I do is give them one of my parts to draw, one I know how long it takes and see what happens.

Give your SE VAR a mold or complex assembly to draw from scratch, something he hasn't seen (avoiding the canned demo), one that takes

100 hours to draw in another current mainstream popular CAD program, give him an hour! see what happens.....they will be back pedaling faster than you can say "missed release date".

Tom

Reply to
brewertr

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Tom,

He already said that that is not what he does. I think it is up to you or Jon B to submit the mold to the var and see what happens.

I look forward to a report from Phil on how SE with ST works for him.

I also hope that there maybe some mold makers or multi axis guys out there who use SE for complex solids who will report on how it works for them with ST.

Von

Reply to
Von Pearsall

For the example I said mold or complex assembly but it could be what ever product Phil designs to check the 100x faster/better claim.

It wouldn't mean anything to Phil if not used on his work. The mold was a bad example from the beginning since ST as I understand it doesn't work with surfaces.

It is interesting to know what is delivered vs. hype, as others have said if it's half as good it will be worth the money. However just drawing or editing a part is a small portion of the total.

Tom

Reply to
brewertr

Not what I said there Jon but missing the point is not new to you. You posed as a SolidWorks expert in these groups for many years only to let it slip last year you were just beginning to learn SolidWorks.

[ The program has changed so much in ten years that I'm still way behind where I need to be. ]- Jon Banquer - Aug. 26, 2007

You kept ranting about "design intent" and how hard it is to understand how the model was built. I responded that I didn't have the same problems as you. I said for you to post specifics about your problems and one of the more experienced users in the group would be more than happy to help you.

It soon became clear what you really were doing. You were copying, pasting, plagiarizing & parroting others particularly without understanding, in this case SolidMap. You couldn't post specifics about "your" specific problem or send a file to make your point and/or get help because your posts were a fraud.

[ I'd hate to be using SolidWorks ] - Jon Banquer - Jan 15, 2005 [ Without a doubt SaladWorks is a complete piece of shit ]- Jon Banquer - May 21, 2006 [ Hope you try and make the move to SolidWorks 2007 soon. ] -Jon Banquer- September 30, 2006 [ From what I've seen of the free myigetit videos they do as well. I hope to finish the SolidProfessor videos I just purchased ( $600 Professional Package) in the next 2 weeks. When I do, I'll spend the $25 for the myigetit SolidWorks 2007 course ] -Jon Banquer- July 1, 2007 [ SolidWorks has changed so much since I've been away from it and I feel like I'm really far behind. ] - Jon Banquer - Aug. 8, 2007 [ It takes a lot of effort to really understand SolidWorks. ] - Jon Banquer - Aug 8, 2007 [ SolidWorks is consuming every available minute of my learning time right now. ]- Jon Banquer - Aug 12, 2007

You are a PEBCAK* error, What the business calls someone who simply doesn't know what he was talking about.

Tom

*problem exists between chair and keyboard
Reply to
brewertr

Well according to your posts you were just beginning to learn SolidWorks after a 10 year absence. You know where you paid $600 for the SolidProfessor videos & purchased Matt Lombard's SolidWorks Bible.

Please post where I made any such claim.

All I said was I don't seem to be having the same beginner problems you were having and if you would post specifics more experienced users are more than willing to help you.

A customer gives you a solid model (the one in the video), a single part, from SolidWorks and you import it into any of the "Synchronous Technology" Programs available.

How do you determine original design intent?

Is design intent no longer a concern?

With the original constraints removed (as you claim synchronous technology does when importing models from other programs), when you start hacking and whacking the model, how do you a machinist or anyone else determine original design intent on that imported model, as well as fit, form and function when you start making changes?

How do you determine which (critical) dimensions on the imported model should be locked and which can be unlocked?

And while your at it, per your previous posts, what exactly does your engineering department do while you say you are hacking and whacking customer supplied models so they are easier for you to make?

Speaking of Ignorant, you still think there is no such thing as Chaining in GibbsCAM or SmartCAM?

[ You never chain geometry in Gibbs or SmartCAM. It's not necessary. ] - Jon Banquer - May 20, 2005 [ Create the elements in any order, and sequence them later, using modeling tools such as Chain. ] -SmartCAM Manual - [ Jon did you even read Bob's post, the one you copied?

I can show you how the geometry in GibbsCAM is chained. Here you go, the program needs to know this as a minimum to chain:

1) profile start 2) profile end 3) direction 4) offset

So lets look at machining markers and what Bottle Bob describes:

1) start: "The white round marker is where the toolpath starts," 2) end: "the black round marker is where it ends." 3) direction: "blue arrow is the direction" 4) offset: "they tell the tool to either go on the outside of the geometry, the inside of the geometry, OR centered on the geometry."

Now if BB clicks on the blue arrow and reverses it he just reversed the chain direction. If BB clicks on the white box and drags it to another position he just edited the chains start point.

You can call it "Chaining" (since that is the original widely accepted term) or you can call it "Machining Markers", hell you can even call it "Santa Clause" if you want as long as it tells the CAM program where the profile start, end, direction and offset is. All CAM programs have to know that information in order to calculate the offset tool path, by any other name it's still "chaining". ] -Brewertr-

Tom

Reply to
brewertr

You keep posting one! The same one over and over and over again.

It is eight or more years old and has to do with me taking the upgrade path SDRC set up for us SmartCAM users when they purchased SmartCAM. CAMAX slowed development when they bought Point Control (SmartCAM) and SDRC killed SmartCAM after they purchased CAMAX.

SDRC offered Artisan and GenMach "FREE" to all SmartCAM users with current software maintenance agreements which we were.

The mistake I made was my spending my time to learn and evaluate Artisan and GenMach. We were a long time loyal SmartCAM customer, we were their customer to lose, they lost us when they killed SmartCAM and gave us Artisan & GenMach as our upgrade path.

The company I worked for still uses SmartCAM V11.5 and a huge plus they haven't had to pay software maintenance fees in 8 or more years. They are running it with custom macros I wrote for them nearly 10 years ago and there still is no CAM package on the market today that is competitive for the work they do (including SE w/ST, LOL).

Tom

Reply to
brewertr

How do you know this, when and exactly how did you evaluate the software?

OH! that's what I thought well produced sales videos, glossy advertisements and new buzzwords....LOL.

Reply to
brewertr

So Jon if files from your engineering department are importing just fine into MasterCAM, why do you "YOU" need SolidEdge with ST?

[ Still have a lot to learn about Mastercam. Currently working with a lot of Pro-E IGES files. So far it all imports very clean with no problems. ]-Jon Banquer -March 31, 2008 [ Engineers who don't upload current files to our Intranet. ] -Jon Banquer-
Reply to
brewertr

?????

Reply to
brewertr
[ I'm committed to working with HSMWorks to doing just that. Shouldn't be too hard because their head of US operations and I see things in almost the exact same way and because HSMWorks is interested in what I have to say and wants to work with me. ]- Jon Banquer - [ Who I'm working with to deliver what truly will be the next generation of CAM:
]-Jon Banquer- [ I understand why your shop did not go with HSMWorks. We have a lot of work to do.

] - Jon Banquer

[ Jon is not affiliated with HSMWorks ApS in any way and that we cannot control what people are writing on the web. Anybody can get evaluation licenses of HSMWorks and test it themselves. I hope this clarifies any doubt. ] - HSMWorks ApS -
Reply to
brewertr

Gender of the scientist changed in the same sentence.

Reply to
brewertr

ST is almost bordering on vaporware status if they don't get it into the hands of their customers soon.

Matt Lorono

fcsuper

Your credibility J> I forgot to ask him when synch ships...

As I posted: End of July, early August. I also posted you can hold me to this time frame.

] -Jon Banquer -

As usual, Jon Banquer is wrong! again!

Must be something in the translation, according to SolidEdge site it ships in a week or two to their customers.

Tom

Reply to
brewertr

" I dropped out of high school and never went back"

-Jon Banquer-

It shows.......

Reply to
brewertr

Engrish?

Reply to
brewertr

See your Engrish lessons are going well.

Reply to
brewertr