Which MCAD company will be first with linix version?

do you suppose any of them are working on it, and if so, would they have a reason to not make it public?

Reply to
bill allemann

There are actually a number of native Linux CAD systems although they primarily concern themselves with being ACAD like. I haven't seen anything that you could say was 3D parametric.

TOP

Reply to
TOP

and,.. I think there were a few others...

personally, it's unimportant... it should be about *nix programs and both the top cad/cam companies already created versions for linux,.. PTC and UG.

oh well,.. again,.. it's a sheep following problem.... what?! ... it's not that brand name so... we can't use that,.. no, we need to use a brand name that every one else is using so we are just like them... otherwise people will think we are not kewl.... or my manager won't recognize that name... or,.. my friends,..colleagues,.. coworkers, industry,... will think we are not like them,... oh.........no........

What a f****ng joke this whole f****ng psycho social crap is sad... we are all still in some kind of FUCKING HIGH SCHOOL CLIQUE!!!

..

Reply to
zxys

I guess I should be disappointed. I'm going to move away from a technology that's dated and never really worked well with non-naive data or someone else?s design intent to one that is a radical update of old technology that uses the Microsoft Ribbon Bar. I guess I'm not cutting edge and I'm really still in a clique. What are my other CAD choices for dealing with these problems that are more important to me than the OS it runs on?

All I really want right now is to be able to work with non-native data easily with powerful tools and not have to spend hours trying to understand someone else's design intent and yet I'm still in a clique. Forgive me if I take solace knowing that I maybe more in Microsoft's pocket than ever but at least I'm not using a technology that doesn't work well for non-native data and for understanding someone else?s design intent. I guess I like to think of this as two huge steps forward and maybe one tiny step back (MS Ribbon Bar). Who knows... I may actually like the MS Ribbon bar in Solid Edge with Synchronous Technology.

What are my other CAD choices, again? :>)

SolidWorks will finally have the technology to deal with non-native data and help me understand someone else?s design intent, when?

I guess I'll never be cool cause I just want CAD tools that work with me rather than fight me and I can live with Microsoft's crappy OS for the time being. Maybe the future will be Solid Edge with Synchronous Technology and UG CAM Express running on Mac OS X. I'll still be in a clique but by then I won't care at all. :>)

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
jon_banquer

Such as: AIX HP-UX IRIX Solaris SuSE Linux?

Unigraphics runs on all of them. Tell us more about Native Windows ....

Anything hot from Moron City?

Too bad that you don't know CAD, have never had any training, could not find "design intent" with help from the designers, ....

Or Teamcenter Enterprise & Teamcenter Project ...

He drools on his keyboard.

Reply to
Cliff