When Will Solid Edge With S/T Be Released?

http://www.solidapps.co.uk/
They start training classes for Solid Edge with S/T on August 27th. Seems to me that Solid Edge with S/T will be released in the next two
weeks.
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA http://jonbanquer.blogspot.com/
On Fri, 15 Aug 2008 19:42:25 -0700 (PDT), jon_banquer

Jon,
Didn't you say it would be released end of last month beginning this month and we could hold you to it?
Wasn't it where you claimed inside sources?
Tom
http://www.solidapps.co.uk/
They start training classes for Solid Edge with S/T on August 27th. Seems to me that Solid Edge with S/T will be released in the next two weeks.
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA http://jonbanquer.blogspot.com/

I got notice in email and posted it earlier, it was released today aug 15 at 2pm.. my var said that it may not be in the mail for a week while its being manufactured,,, somehow I think its probably already produced and will be in mailboxes within a week.
Im looking forward to it
My var had also planned earlier for the first training at end of aug... looks like that may happen also
I might be out of town on a project then however and might have to wait
Phil scottt

On Fri, 15 Aug 2008 20:48:23 -0700 (PDT), phil scott

How is it considered released if not mailed?
You keep posting in alt.machines.cnc but you have no connection to machines, machining or CNC's. You keep posting in comp.cad.solidworks and if I read your posts correctly you have never used and don't own SolidWorks. Are you a Siemens shill?
http://www.solidedgecommunity.com
http://www.solidedgecommunity.com/connectusergroup.php
Tom

Thanks, Phil. I didn't really understand your other post and I really appreciate this clarification.
I think both you and I are really going to enjoy Solid Edge with S/T. If Siemens does a good job or marketing, Solid Edge with S/T is going to radically change the market. If not, others will fill the vacuum.
You made a good choice and you can hold me to that as well. ;>)
On Fri, 15 Aug 2008 21:42:10 -0700 (PDT), jon_banquer

You bought SolidEdge?

I found IV one massive pain in the ass to learn and operate with...Im sure its good for many things but most of us only use maybe 1% of such capability, the rest just makes life way too complicated. SE plain vanilla is about 1/4 as complex... my guess SW is also.
SE synch though if it works as advertized or even close will change a lot of lives... even with some bugs and limitations I will probably find it a small miracle for what I do. (no machining, no close tolerances as a rule..just pipe, controls wiring, equipment component drawings and equipment layout).. maybe for some of the complex functions others deal with it will have issues.

yes, thanks again for the tip.. it was a big deal for me on this end. .Id bet it will be in my mail box by next week.
if its 100x easier/ faster than existing cad, just an hour or two on the first tutorial will make that clear...I'll be effusive as hell about SE if that turns out to be the case
Phil scott

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote in wrote:

Tom,
He already said that that is not what he does. I think it is up to you or Jon B to submit the mold to the var and see what happens.
I look forward to a report from Phil on how SE with ST works for him.
I also hope that there maybe some mold makers or multi axis guys out there who use SE for complex solids who will report on how it works for them with ST.
Von

For the example I said mold or complex assembly but it could be what ever product Phil designs to check the 100x faster/better claim.

It wouldn't mean anything to Phil if not used on his work. The mold was a bad example from the beginning since ST as I understand it doesn't work with surfaces.

It is interesting to know what is delivered vs. hype, as others have said if it's half as good it will be worth the money. However just drawing or editing a part is a small portion of the total.
Tom

My guess would be that most people who use Solid Edge with S/T won't really care because they will be too busy enjoying it to easily modify their and others designs rather than fighting the software like you have to do in SolidWorks, Pro/E, Inventor and other parametric-history based solid modelers.
The big question I have is who's going to be next to offer what Solid Edge with S/T has or advance this technology?
SpaceClaim?
Co-Create?
KeyCreator?
IronCAD?
SolidWorks 2010?
http://tinyurl.com/5ze6pz
"The announcement also reinforces Gartners prediction that a new generation of CAD will replace procedural history-based modeling as the mainstream approach to mechanical CAD."
"If its synchronous technology works well in production, Siemens will set new standards for manufacturers' expectations from all mechanical computer-aided design."
"Siemens has correctly focused on software performance and ability to share and reuse features and parts across different mechanical CAD systems as its value proposition. Gartner clients report these as two key CAD pain points. Siemens will grab mind share and significantly more mechanical CAD market share if the technology proves itself among early adopters."
On Aug 16, 5:34pm, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

my review of SE plain vanilla indicates a pretty capable system... it loaded in about 15 minutes. Inventor took hours... I think it might be something like Linux vs MS... that is a cleanly designed OS from the start instead of a collage of random kernels from whomever and glued together with baby shit.
One thing for sure it will be a very interesting next few months in the mid range CAD bidness...regardless which way it goes.
Phil scott
On Aug 16, 1:07pm, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

thats a good test, i wish engineers were hired that way...
we will have to wait and see how it actually shakes out... my guess is that for some items it will be 100x faster, for many just a little faster, and for some, no way to do it.. has to use another set of algorithms. entirely.
Phil scott

[...]

I wish there was a badass product out there man, but I just cant believe it. It's become so status quot, so mediocre...so lame.
Not since camax have I been impressed. And that was a loooong time ago.

'fighting it' is an understatement... especially for those not already expert, and that seems to take years at best.

Judging by the mess already on the market, and the brain trust that hadnt managed to get past that level, Id say its going to take years. Siemens guess is 5 to 10 years.

you left out 'etch a sketch'

now that would be factual.. my guess in some industries that demand might come pretty fast. Those who make say just tanks of various configurations, can edit their own stuff easily enough and wont have to change. I think a good majority are in that class...they use the software but only a small fragment of it.

its a big 'if' for some kinds of work at the high end, ultra complex close tolerance components...but at my end of the business, basically just layout using blocks and making blocks... I think it may be a lead pipe cinch. I sure hope so at least. My estimate is that about 50% of users will be in this simple applications class.
Maybe 10% will be doing such complex work that synch could limit out.
Phil scott

Even these so called self-proclaimed experts can't do it without the proper tools, Phil. One of these blow hard, self proclaimed experts spent months in this newsgroup and in alt.machines.cnc insisting that a roll back bar was all that was needed and that more training was the answer. He's a proven idiot and a liar who has made mistake after mistake after mistake when it comes to CADCAM for years on end. Sadly, he doesnt learn from his mistakes and keeps making the same mistakes over and over. Here is what he once posted to me after making yet another one of his serious mistakes.
Jon, I never forgot any of your postings about SDRC I made the wrong decision in spite of what you said. There have been a number of times that my Wife has told me to be careful in dealing with someone and after words says "I told you so". She earned the right to say it as well as you have earned the right to say I TOLD YOU SO. I made a decision that went against my better judgment and as usual it turned out poorly.
Tell you what, Phil. If someone else comes along with something better I will acknowledge it and perhaps I will change to it. I'm not married to any CADCAM software and I never will be. At this point in time Solid Edge with S/T is the best choice for someone who has to deal with non-naive imported geometry and / or who has to work with other peoples designs. No matter what happens I don't believe Solid Edge with S/T will be left in the dust by any other CADCAM company. In the past, SolidWorks only left Solid Edge in the dust because of better marketing and not because of far superior technology.
To someone like me it's all about dealing with change. Most users can't deal with change even though they say they can. I know of one machinist that works for "coolie wages" and refuses to change jobs to one that pays a fair wage for his many years of experience. When it comes to CADCAM he can only use one product and has never been able to make the effort to really learn and master another one. I make more money than he does even though hes a better machinist. The reason I make more money than he does is I understand how to deal with and adapt to change far better than he ever will.
Perhaps your getting and learning Solid Edge with S/T will inspire someone else I know to really want to make the plunge and to start modeling in 3D. For years he's asked me what package to go with and I've always told him to keep waiting. I may soon tell him to stop waiting.

Matt,
You credibility has dropped to about zero.
Solid Edge with S/T was suppose to be released end of July / beginning of August. That makes it approximately 20 days late. UG NX 6 with S/T is already released. That would be the same UG NX you bad mouth everywhere on the web.
SolidWorks 2008 is basically a beta that SolidWorks users paid for. SolidWorks 2009 is what SolidWorks 2008 should have been and is still not released yet.
You badly need some more clues. Suggest you stop reading your boring assed blog and read a good blog. This link should provide you with the help you so badly need:
http://jonbanquer.blogspot.com /
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA
On Aug 15, 9:20pm, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

thats seimens term... I suppose it means that it is going to press or has gone to press, and is 'released for production'... in the engineering business we have term used on the final set of drawings 'released for construction'... that means we are finished..it doesnt mean the drawings are even out of our office yet for example.

I dont post to multiple ng's deliberately, some others do and i dont notice, when I respond to them my response goes to NG's that I did not intend... I do have some cnc experience though.. not machining but debugging a large 5 axis mill situation at boeing...first cloo was all the mills were having the same problems with scrap rates.
they were keeping their huge titanium billets out in the weather then taking them inside for machine operations...at 72 degrees F..so the billets shrunk or expanded during the milling process ... I detected the cause by asking for a chart on scrapped material then graphed the dates of manufacture... worst in hottest and coldest weather. I had em move the billets inside.
I am not an SE shill, but I do like what I see so far... I'll know more in a week or two when I get synchronous. SE plain vanilla has been easier to learn that inventor, maybe 4x easier, but its still a lot of work. It has several features I like lot from a graphics presentation perspective...you can overlay several different sectioning patterns to get some impressive effects.. you can do 2d diagrams, wiring etc..then move the components and the wire follows (within limits, dont try to move it across too much other stuff).

I went there, couldnt find a discussion group, just links to seimens offerings etc.

Ok thanks, a group link...I'll check it out.
Phil scott

On Aug 16, 12:35pm, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

in that case I sould have it by mid next week... it would have been mailed friday the 15h or maybe Monday the 18th.