When Will Solid Edge With S/T Be Released?

So, in other words, Jon Banquer will never be buying or using a LEGAL industrial seat of Siemens NX with ST?

Reply to
Joe788

My guess would be that most people who use Solid Edge with S/T won't really care because they will be too busy enjoying it to easily modify their and others designs rather than fighting the software like you have to do in SolidWorks, Pro/E, Inventor and other parametric-history based solid modelers.

The big question I have is who's going to be next to offer what Solid Edge with S/T has or advance this technology?

SpaceClaim?

Co-Create?

KeyCreator?

IronCAD?

SolidWorks 2010?

"The announcement also reinforces Gartner=92s prediction that a new generation of CAD will replace procedural history-based modeling as the mainstream approach to mechanical CAD."

"If its synchronous technology works well in production, Siemens will set new standards for manufacturers' expectations from all mechanical computer-aided design."

"Siemens has correctly focused on software performance and ability to share and reuse features and parts across different mechanical CAD systems as its value proposition. Gartner clients report these as two key CAD =93pain points.=94 Siemens will grab mind share and significantly more mechanical CAD market share if the technology proves itself among early adopters."

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

jon_banquer

'fighting it' is an understatement... especially for those not already expert, and that seems to take years at best.

Judging by the mess already on the market, and the brain trust that hadnt managed to get past that level, Id say its going to take years. Siemens guess is 5 to 10 years.

you left out 'etch a sketch'

now that would be factual.. my guess in some industries that demand might come pretty fast. Those who make say just tanks of various configurations, can edit their own stuff easily enough and wont have to change. I think a good majority are in that class...they use the software but only a small fragment of it.

its a big 'if' for some kinds of work at the high end, ultra complex close tolerance components...but at my end of the business, basically just layout using blocks and making blocks... I think it may be a lead pipe cinch. I sure hope so at least. My estimate is that about 50% of users will be in this simple applications class.

Maybe 10% will be doing such complex work that synch could limit out.

Phil scott

Reply to
phil scott

my review of SE plain vanilla indicates a pretty capable system... it loaded in about 15 minutes. Inventor took hours... I think it might be something like Linux vs MS... that is a cleanly designed OS from the start instead of a collage of random kernels from whomever and glued together with baby shit.

One thing for sure it will be a very interesting next few months in the mid range CAD bidness...regardless which way it goes.

Phil scott

Reply to
phil scott

Even these so called self-proclaimed experts can't do it without the proper tools, Phil. One of these blow hard, self proclaimed experts spent months in this newsgroup and in alt.machines.cnc insisting that a roll back bar was all that was needed and that more training was the answer. He's a proven idiot and a liar who has made mistake after mistake after mistake when it comes to CADCAM for years on end. Sadly, he doesn=92t learn from his mistakes and keeps making the same mistakes over and over. Here is what he once posted to me after making yet another one of his serious mistakes.

=93Jon, I never forgot any of your postings about SDRC I made the wrong decision in spite of what you said. There have been a number of times that my Wife has told me to be careful in dealing with someone and after words says "I told you so". She earned the right to say it as well as you have earned the right to say I TOLD YOU SO. I made a decision that went against my better judgment and as usual it turned out poorly.=94

Tell you what, Phil. If someone else comes along with something better I will acknowledge it and perhaps I will change to it. I'm not married to any CADCAM software and I never will be. At this point in time Solid Edge with S/T is the best choice for someone who has to deal with non-naive imported geometry and / or who has to work with other peoples designs. No matter what happens I don't believe Solid Edge with S/T will be left in the dust by any other CADCAM company. In the past, SolidWorks only left Solid Edge in the dust because of better marketing and not because of far superior technology.

To someone like me it's all about dealing with change. Most users can't deal with change even though they say they can. I know of one machinist that works for "coolie wages" and refuses to change jobs to one that pays a fair wage for his many years of experience. When it comes to CADCAM he can only use one product and has never been able to make the effort to really learn and master another one. I make more money than he does even though he=92s a better machinist. The reason I make more money than he does is I understand how to deal with and adapt to change far better than he ever will.

Perhaps your getting and learning Solid Edge with S/T will inspire someone else I know to really want to make the plunge and to start modeling in 3D. For years he's asked me what package to go with and I've always told him to keep waiting. I may soon tell him to stop waiting.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

jon_banquer

ST is almost bordering on vaporware status if they don't get it into the hands of their customers soon.

Matt Lorono

fcsuper

Matt,

You credibility has dropped to about zero.

Solid Edge with S/T was suppose to be released end of July / beginning of August. That makes it approximately 19 days late. UG NX 6 with S/T is already released. That would be the same UG NX you bad mouth everywhere on the web.

SolidWorks 2008 is basically a beta that SolidWorks users paid for. SolidWorks 2009 is what SolidWorks 2008 should have been and is still not released yet.

You badly need some more clues. Suggest you stop reading your boring assed blog and read a good blog. This link should provide you with the help you so badly need:

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
jon_banquer

Your credibility J> I forgot to ask him when synch ships...

As I posted: End of July, early August. I also posted you can hold me to this time frame.

] -Jon Banquer -

As usual, Jon Banquer is wrong! again!

Must be something in the translation, according to SolidEdge site it ships in a week or two to their customers.

Tom

Reply to
brewertr

Matt,

You credibility has dropped to about zero.

Solid Edge with S/T was suppose to be released end of July / beginning of August. That makes it approximately 19 days late. UG NX 6 with S/T is already released. That would be the same UG NX you bad mouth everywhere on the web.

SolidWorks 2008 is basically a beta that SolidWorks users paid for. SolidWorks 2009 is what SolidWorks 2008 should have been and is still not released yet.

You badly need some more clues. Suggest you stop reading your boring assed blog and read a good blog. This link should provide you with the help you so badly need:

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
larryrozer

Matt,

You credibility has dropped to about zero.

Solid Edge with S/T was suppose to be released end of July / beginning of August. That makes it approximately 20 days late. UG NX 6 with S/T is already released. That would be the same UG NX you bad mouth everywhere on the web.