2009 anybody?

Has anyone tested 2009 yet? What's good/bad? Best regards Jeppe

SolidWorks 2009 still can't edit a non-native solid like Solid Edge with ST can.
SolidWorks 2009 still sucks at collaboration / trying to understand someone else's design intent.
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA
On Tue, 28 Oct 2008 05:32:50 -0700 (PDT), jon_banquer

Jon,
How exactly does SE w/ST help someone understand design intent on an imported non-native solid?
Tom

Solid Edge with ST edits SolidWorks files faster than SolidWorks itself!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v
xT4eMsjuo
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA http://jonbanquer.blogspot.com/
On Tue, 28 Oct 2008 05:32:50 -0700 (PDT), jon_banquer

Jon,
How exactly does SE w/ST help someone understand design intent on an imported non-native solid?
Tom
On Wed, 29 Oct 2008 15:06:34 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

So Jon, you haven't a clue.

Once the history is removed I'd think it would be hard to discern anything about design intent at all. Not from the software at least.
JC
On Thu, 30 Oct 2008 14:32:14 -0700, "John R. Carroll"

That is my point.
Jon keeps parroting buzzwords like Design Intent without understanding. Jon keeps claiming SE w/ST helps someone understand design intent on an imported non-native solid but can't explain how it helps.
So far Jon's explanation of how SE w/ST works with non-native solids is it strips constraints (design intent) on import allowing anyone to make arbitrarily changes to a model.
Tom

I've been able to do that with CATIA for ten years. I believe that's the way it's always been. Vero, with their VISI Series, was notable in this respect as far back as 1992.
What's the big deal?
JC

On Thu, 30 Oct 2008 18:42:59 -0700, "John R. Carroll"

Not a big deal to me. According to Jon it is revolutionary, new, Siemens was first, they even coined a new buzzword, free videos, so in Jon's mind it must be true.
Jon claims SE w/ST allows a person to easily determine design intent on imported non-native solids, then when Jon explains how it works describes how it strips constraints (design intent) on import. Just trying to get Jon to explain exactly how that works......LOL.
Tom

Tell somebody who cares!!!!!!! Or better yet move you sorry arse over to the Solid Edge forums.

Solid Edge with ST edits SolidWorks files faster than SolidWorks itself!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v
xT4eMsjuo
http://p-hamilton.blogspot.com/2008/10/key-capabilities-of-history-free.html
"Jon, I agree with you. For the situations that you bring up: interroperability, teamwork, and many others like concept design, rapid design cycles, unexpected change - history is a disaster. Strangely enough though, many companies still cast their vote of approval for the stuff with every dollar they spend on it."