2009 anybody?

Has anyone tested 2009 yet? What's good/bad? Best regards Jeppe

Reply to
jeppe

SolidWorks 2009 still can't edit a non-native solid like Solid Edge with ST can.

SolidWorks 2009 still sucks at collaboration / trying to understand someone else's design intent.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
jon_banquer

Jon,

How exactly does SE w/ST help someone understand design intent on an imported non-native solid?

Tom

Reply to
brewertr

Solid Edge with ST edits SolidWorks files faster than SolidWorks itself!

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

jon_banquer

Jon,

How exactly does SE w/ST help someone understand design intent on an imported non-native solid?

Tom

Reply to
brewertr

Tell somebody who cares!!!!!!! Or better yet move you sorry arse over to the Solid Edge forums.

Reply to
Trevor

Solid Edge with ST edits SolidWorks files faster than SolidWorks itself!

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

jon_banquer

So Jon, you haven't a clue.

Reply to
brewertr

Once the history is removed I'd think it would be hard to discern anything about design intent at all. Not from the software at least.

JC

Reply to
John R. Carroll

That is my point.

Jon keeps parroting buzzwords like Design Intent without understanding. Jon keeps claiming SE w/ST helps someone understand design intent on an imported non-native solid but can't explain how it helps.

So far Jon's explanation of how SE w/ST works with non-native solids is it strips constraints (design intent) on import allowing anyone to make arbitrarily changes to a model.

Tom

Reply to
brewertr

"Jon, I agree with you. For the situations that you bring up: interroperability, teamwork, and many others like concept design, rapid design cycles, unexpected change - history is a disaster. Strangely enough though, many companies still cast their vote of approval for the stuff with every dollar they spend on it."

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

jon_banquer

I've been able to do that with CATIA for ten years. I believe that's the way it's always been. Vero, with their VISI Series, was notable in this respect as far back as

1992.

What's the big deal?

JC

Reply to
John R. Carroll

Not a big deal to me. According to Jon it is revolutionary, new, Siemens was first, they even coined a new buzzword, free videos, so in Jon's mind it must be true.

Jon claims SE w/ST allows a person to easily determine design intent on imported non-native solids, then when Jon explains how it works describes how it strips constraints (design intent) on import. Just trying to get Jon to explain exactly how that works......LOL.