Curvy stuff 201...

...has been added to the DimonteGroup website, along with a few other presentations from this years SWxWorld. Remember, this Curvy Stuff is a new session - it is not an update of anything from the past two years, though there is some review to get everyone on the same page. Pay special attention to the slide notes - I basically transcribed everything I said in the live presentation. I hope y'all like it.

Edward T Eaton

Way to go Ed! I can't wait to check it out...

MikeWilson

Reply to
Mike J. Wilson

Ed,

Just finished looking through it... Very nice layout and very good information!! As with the last one, I appreciate the time you placed into this!

BTW, how did you display all the isoparms (U/V curves) at one time on the jet??

.. 8^)

Edward T Eat>

Reply to
Paul Salvador

Thanks a ton. I always learn a lot from these. I even review them occasionally, because I can never remember it all.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

I'm sad to say it had to be a PhotoShop composite. Boy, would it be helpful to evaluate face curves on more than one face at a time without actually having to make them. I generally use the preview for face curves to figure out the flow.

Reply to
Edward T Eaton

Ed

Thanks yet again- excellent content, and GREAT examples !!

Regret I wasn't there to see it in person (small question of about 12000 km)

Also regret I've dug in my heels (although much more relief than regret) and exited the upgrade treadmill after eight years of loyal trudging, thus unable to open your model

That said, and I freely acknowledge I've got a cheek to ask for more, could I be permitted one question re the powerpoint bullets? *

What's this about?

  • I was going to say "tiny" question, but no useful question on this stuff is ever going to admit of a really short answer.

Nevertheless, even a quick hint would be hugely appreciated, 'cos I've often thought about "sanding" in relation to tricky modelling, and it may be I can fill in the gaps from what I've already discovered

Talking of "filling gaps", I've lost count of the diverse times and ways the "atom bomb" (followed by "regime change" ) approach has got me out of jail. I know it's Jason's idea, but I'm also grateful to you for drawing our attention to it.

Reply to
Andrew Troup

Quite Hot. Its explained right at the beginnigns of the presenation, in the notes of slide 4. I suppsoe its easy to miss unless you were lsitenign to it live. Good deduction, though. The sanding metaphor has gotten me out of trouble a lot over this last year. It also helps when I'm looking at a shape and have no idea where to start - it gives me a direction for the feature, and has (so far) never failed me. The surface fill sample (the only SWx sample) shows how using this sort of thinking allowed me to make an inferior patch into an acceptable one.

Reply to
Edward T Eaton

Good stuff.

Thanks for making it available.

Reply to
Chris

Would be nice to read this.................

Website appears to be down, but everyone else seems to be getting to it!

Me

Reply to
News

The website is up, but I think we are getting hit with a lot of traffic. In addition to Curvy Stuff 201, we also having new presentations on drawings, design intent, and virtual prototyping success stories. Even though SWx World was smaller this year, there were still plenty of folks who liked the presentations that wanted to download them. I just checked on my home connection (regrettably, no high speed available in my neighborhood!), and I got right through. Just keep trying, I guess.

Reply to
Edward T Eaton

Thanks Ed

These tutorials of yours are an awesome resource, especially now I know to check out the "speaker notes". The added value is considerable (it's like discovering a diff-lock, on a 4WD you'd already been getting great results from on extreme terrain)

Clearly (particularly in the case of CS201) you've put a lot of time into the notes, subsequent to the presentation, purely for our benefit.

At the risk of "too much of a good thing" (which Liberace famously considered to be exactly the right amount)

THANKS again

Reply to
Andrew Troup

Another fine presentation! The slide notes are a big help on a number of the slides. I don't suppose you have the time and inclination to add slide notes to 101 and 102.

Jerry Steiger Tripod Data Systems

Reply to
Jerry Steiger

That would be very kind of him (you),...., if possible.

Reply to
Ramangahazo barabasy