Design Show take.

First of all I didn't go. But I still have an impression.

What was sitting on my desk this morning? 10 Ways that SolidWorks Slows You Down and How Pro Engineer Speeds Things Up. Although this particular piece of marketing has been answered on the newsgroup, my associates don't know that. And somehow they have the impression that SW needs speeding up. Wonder how that came about?

Adobe .u3d. Looks mighty interesting. Adobe has a reputation for fast, reliable, compact and easy to use software.

Reply to
P.

I'd say they lost the reputation for "fast" with Reader 6. I haven't tried

7 yet. Does it load in a reasonable amount of time?
Reply to
Dale Dunn
7.0 loads much, much faster than 6.0
Reply to
Keith Streich

"Keith Streich" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com...

I believe 7.0 loads (partially) at windows startup.

Reply to
Jean Marc BRUN

the worst thing one could imagine...

about reader 6, i personally *strongly* advise to use this:

regards,

Reply to
Gianni Rondinini

I doubt it. I think V7 loads some api files only if needed, unlike V6, which loaded them all at startup. Version 6 could be made to load much faster by hiding most of the .api files, without effecting any commonly used features.

Reply to
Bob P

So you guys strongly recommend Adobe Acrobat 7?

Reply to
grantmi1

I was at the show yesterday. Overall, it seemed much smaller than the ones in the past.

And where was Autodesk? Did I miss the press release that they wouldn't be there?

Arif Oguz Chicago

Reply to
arif

"Bob P" a écrit dans le message de news:8z3Yd.8148

In my statup - all user, I have a line: "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe"

I made the normal install, so I guess I should not be the only one that has this line. And I guess it is a partial loading of AR7.0

My .01 Eu

JM

Reply to
Jean Marc BRUN