Digital Signature and user rights for drawings

I am looking at getting a digital signature for signing drawings or emails and am wondering if anyone else uses a digital signature. If not what are you are your companies procedures for file protection of drawings? I am not very familiar with digital signatures so I am not sure if the questions is even viable.

My concern is when sending a part with tolerance call outs for a another company to make parts for us. The parts need to fit our parts we are manufacturing. What if their is an issue with fit and fuction down the road and we need to reference the drawings, couldn't the company in question alter their drawing and say it was the original. Then it would become a question of who has the unaltered drawing, basically we would probably have to bear the loss and move on.

Are you guys using other means of file protection like sending the drawings with read only rules? That way if the customer wants to change something they would have to change the file name right? Anyway share your info with me on these subjects please.

Reply to
grantmi1