Editing Data help

Pete,

Go to the Toolbox forum on the SW website. Joy Pineau has provided a very good answer to this kind of problem. There is a better way to do this.

pete wrote:

data not problem, but When I go to put a new wizard hole onto a part, I get a lot of error messages.

added the 1" size BSP data.

entered for BSP threads is over writing the Ansi Inch Data.

Inch, but is picking up the tap drill diameter size from the 1" BSP Thread tap drill diameter size data!

inch tapped hole drill.

1.2602, this figure may be wrong, I am trying to remember what I did at work, :-S
Reply to
P.

Do you have access to Machineries Handbook. Bet the library has one if you don't.

pete wrote:

thanks P.

Reply to
P.

I am trying to add BSP threads to the hole wizard, I can enter the data not problem, but When I go to put a new wizard hole onto a part, I get a lot of error messages.

I deleted the Ansi Inch data from the derived tables and have only added the 1" size BSP data.

The data table is derived from Ansi Inch but the data that I have entered for BSP threads is over writing the Ansi Inch Data.

The hole wizard, for some strange reason, always starts with Ansi Inch, but is picking up the tap drill diameter size from the 1" BSP Thread tap drill diameter size data!

This then try's to give a drill size bigger that the smallest Ansi inch tapped hole drill.

The tap drill Diameter box is displayed in yellow, showing a size of 1.2602, this figure may be wrong, I am trying to remember what I did at work, :-S

Anyone?

Reply to
pete

I downloaded the avi file that Joy made, that was very helpful, thanks P. I still have a problem converting terminology between US and UK, You use minor diameter and minor Diameter inside?? The minor diameter inside matches the UK effective diameter, but the inside minor diameter, does not seem to match anything in the Zuss booklet, in respect to BSP threads. Unless I was asleep this afternoon..ZZZzzzzzz

Reply to
pete

Yes, I forgot about that one, I am off work until Monday, so will look then. Thanks again.

Reply to
pete

British Empire, do we still have one? I think we belong to Europe now, Due to Tony F,ing Blair, lol GMT is the only thing he can't change, otherewise even that would be gone!

Reply to
pete

I have been using the BSI pipe thread for BSP as it displays as an Rc threaded hole - doesn't an R thread indicate that it is a tappered BSP thread?

I deleted the Ansi Inch data from the derived tables and have only added the 1" size BSP data.

The data table is derived from Ansi Inch but the data that I have entered for BSP threads is over writing the Ansi Inch Data.

The hole wizard, for some strange reason, always starts with Ansi Inch, but is picking up the tap drill diameter size from the 1" BSP Thread tap drill diameter size data!

This then try's to give a drill size bigger that the smallest Ansi inch tapped hole drill.

The tap drill Diameter box is displayed in yellow, showing a size of 1.2602, this figure may be wrong, I am trying to remember what I did at work, :-S

Anyone?

Reply to
Merry Owen