Hole patterns and drawings

Hi,

I have a sheet metal part with a cut extrude, 9x9mm hole, this hole I then pattern. Is there a way to put the pattern information on the drawing, (showing the X and Y directions), so that if I change the hole pattern this information also updates.

Or am I missing something very obvious??

It is Friday and I want to go home, lol :-) So all have a great weekend!

Reply to
pete

Insert>Model Items?

Dimensions all update according to model changes.

Maybe I am th> Hi,

Reply to
CS

Are you talking about coordinate dimensions like 2.25, 3.00 (x, and y)? I think I've seen a macro at one point online that allows you to put in coordinate dimensions (x, y locations). Other than that, the closest thing is ordinate dims which as horiz, vert and smart icons available in the Dim toolbar.

Matt

pete wrote:

Reply to
fcsuper

Thanks for the replys , the insert model items does the trick!

Many thanks :-)

I love simple and she loves me!,lol

Reply to
pete

Can you grab the count dimension in a note?

pete wrote:

Reply to
TOP

It works kind of!!!

Take a sheet metal part, extrude cut a 9x9mm square hole. Pattern this hole 11 across (row), and 10 down. (column). Use insert model items you will get 11 and 10 Ok so far.

Now edit the pattern and deselect column 6 you should have 5 and 10 with 5 and 10

But the model item still shows 11 and 10 with no indication that column six is not required.

I think all the programmers must be named Arthur, as in half a job, lol :-P

Reply to
pete

Record an Rx and send it to your VAR. They will submit it to solidworks as a bug report. If they tell you it is expected functionality then submit an enhancement request, I have run into a similar problem when I wanted to calculate the count of the pattern and was unable to dynamicly because an instance was skipped.

To submit an enhancement request:

Log in to the customer center

I suggest creating your own login instead of using the SN because you have access to a bit more stuff once you are in.

Regards, Corey

pete wrote:

Reply to
CS