How we think in Sw......extension to New thinking in SW

I am starting this thread over because the other one is so congested with BS that sorting through it gives me a head ache. So this is for any of you CAD junkie out there that would like to post up about new ways that you have started using the program because of some of the new tool. How it may or may not effect/hinder you work flow.

Reply to
Arthur Y-S

Yep, seconded. The new part manipulation workflow within assemblies on 04 is a LOT nicer, too (click and drag!) .

Chris

Reply to
Chris

Check out this software. Its for voice command like you wanted in the other thread.

CAD ROB

Reply to
Cad Rob

I'm doing more and more co-molded (double-shot rubber) IJ parts and multibodies is a great way to go. What I usually do is create the overall surface body and knit it solid. At that point I copy some faces on the solid and give them zero offset. These faces represent my co-mold part. At this point I thicken the offset surface to create my co-molding, but don't merge it**. It then add the necessary draft interface between the co-mold body and the abs body. I then make a copy of it without translating it. I then use the copy to cut away my ABS part before shelling. I then shell it and whola, I have my abs and co-mold pieces.

** This is the reason I convinced SWX to allow you to copy a body without translating it. At one time you could do it, now you get annoying, but necessary warning (Sorry Edward!).

Mark

Reply to
Mark Biasotti

I do look forward to the inclusion of real time surfacing. When the "add loft section" was added I could see the light at the end of the tunnel coming ever so closer. The plug in from Shapeworks is nice, so I give SW by 2006 version to have that implemented fully.

The deform tool though....hrm...can someone please show me the upswing of using it. I have not seen something created that I wouldnt be able to do otherwise.

Reply to
Arthur Y-S