Re: Outputting driven dimensions?

use a macro! you won't need Excel, not even design tables. check

for one that simulates a flexible part. You might edit it to output your dimensions to a csv (comma separated values) file that you can read in Excel or any other plot software. If you send me your model and allow me to show pictures of it on my site, I'll even make the macro for you.

Reply to
Philippe Guglielmetti

In 2003 I have been able to get the design table to update to a driven dimension. Add the dimension to a design table as usual, then set it to driven. Every time you open the design table, the value should update (assuming updates are not blocked). This should be slightly faster than updating them by hand.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

GOOD NEWS!!!

Jeremy Krocak of Extreme Design & Programming created a macro for exactly this purpose a while back that was featured in the SolidSolutions Newsletter. It was actually an excel macro that manipulated a SWX model.

Here is the link:

is the July macro way at the bottom of the page. This will give you a word file explaining how to use the macro and where to get it.

BAD NEWS!!! I can't seem to find the macro available for download anywhere on Jeremy Krocak's site. Maybe you could send him an email requesting that particular macro. I will check at home if I still have it around somewhere.

I remember using it. It works very well and is very easy to use.

Reply to
Arlin

Sorry, I could not find the macro (excel file actually) on my home computer either.

If you manage to get hold of it, let me know, I would like to add it to my collection (and hopefully keep it handy).

Reply to
Arlin

I got this from Jeremy.

WT

You can download the files at:

Still working on updating the rest of the site.

Jeremy Krocak

Extreme Design & Programming

612.756.4259 snipped-for-privacy@extremedp.com
Wayne Tiffany