View real size

Would it be posssible to write a macro that automatically resized the screen model to display at actual size at the press of a button?

Obviously, as it would be specific to the monitor the model is being viewed on a user adjustable variable must exist such that the display can be 'calibrated' to display at more or less actual size. I currently view parts full size by zooming while holding a rule to the screen for a known component dimension.

It's just that occasionally it is really useful to see a part at real size. Suits my products but admittedly not so much use for someone designing ships!

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
teckkno

I have a macro on my website that will do that. You'll have to edit a multiplier factor in the macro and take some measurements from your screen to make it turn out right, but it works.

go to the macro library link, it's called Zoom 1:1.

Matt

Reply to
matt

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the link to your site - and of course the macro. Actually spent about an hour yesterday cruising round your site - very interesting!

Anyway, I've tried inserting your macro but admit to failing. I just can't get it working. I've not done this before and the help doesn't seem to clarify it enough. I can bring the swp file over and save it but even if I go back in under 'edit' I can't see the macro code. I hate to say it but I need the 'real idiot guide' to importing your macro.

Matt, can you, or anybody here help me out?? Oh!, the shame of it!!

Reply to
teckkno

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the link to your site - and of course the macro. Actually spent about an hour yesterday cruising round your site - very interesting!

Anyway, I've tried inserting your macro but admit to failing. I just can't get it working. I've not done this before and the help doesn't seem to clarify it enough. I can bring the swp file over and save it but even if I go back in under 'edit' I can't see the macro code. I hate to say it but I need the 'real idiot guide' to importing your macro.

Matt, can you, or anybody here help me out?? Oh!, the shame of it!!

Reply to
teckkno

Just do this:

Extract the zip to your macro directory ( I have made a SW_Data to root of my C: where I have made "Macros" -folder along with other custom folders ) Then go to SW, choose TOOLS - MACRO -> EDIT it gives you "browse" -window on wich you show the [scale1.swp] It open on SW's VB editor and theres line [ modelView.Scale2 = 0.859 ] playing with this value you get the macro to work properly ...

you do know, how to make it as a button to your toolbar???

Reply to
Kvick

Hi Kvick,

Thanks for your help. I have done what you described and it now works a treat. I had been doing what you said but with one difference. My new macro directory was in my main data directory and not on the root of C directly. Whether that should make a difference of not I'm not sure but anyway, it works now. I have created a toolbar button and that works too.

Thanks to both of you.

Reply to
teckkno

The location of the directory should not be an issue... I have mine on

c:\SW_Data\Macros

Reply to
Kvick

Thanks. I'm glad Kvick got you up and running.

Reply to
matt