Height of PanelView Operator Display

WHat is the industry standard (Canada?) height to place the operator's Panelview display for factory automation systems? I remember it to be around 1.78m but can't be sure. Is there a manual online somewhere?

Reply to
Joseph

I don't know if there is a "standard" location, but it should be adjustable. Good ergonomic practices dictate that that a computer monitor be placed so that top of the screen be at eye level. Granted that is for a seated position, but if the display is used for anything else, you could change that. The height that you quote would work for a 50th percentile person. However, you may want to look at your operators to determine the height. I say this because if your workers are all very tall, you will need to raise the display.

Reply to
YouGoFirst

easier said than done. somehow, the wiring people just don't like the fabrication to be adjustable.

Reply to
Joseph

can't say what the Canadian standard might be, but according to "Humanscale" , the standard eye level of an average (standing) adult is 1.61 meters, and the normal sight line is 10 degrees below eye level.

Needless to say, eye level varies significantly--from 1.43 for a small woman to 1.78 for a large man

Reply to
Michael