scales compatible w/ Acu-rite display?

The heading pretty much sums up my question. I have an older Acu-rite II w/ the round 6 pin connector. THe scales in question also have a 6 pin connector, no idea if they mate, much less if they will function with respect to compatability.

I did a quick Google search w/o any luck (although I did find a Newal brand scale to Acu-rite (and other displays) interface list). I do have information on setting the dip switches in the Acu-rite display for the various scale measuring increments.

Reply to
aribert

I used to do industrial scales, but I'm really rusty, so take that for what its worth. Any indicator will work with just about any load cell. To find the DIP switch information and hookup information, you need to check with the manufacturer or ask a local industrial scale shop for some information. Even the shops with factory names still do service contracts on competitors equipment, so they know just about all the scales there are out there. If you can, copy the whole manual so that you know how to calibrate it as well. Setting zero and span can be a mother if you don't have the instructions. Some are really simple, some are quite complex.

wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... | The heading pretty much sums up my question. I have an older Acu-rite | II w/ the round 6 pin connector. THe scales in question also have a 6 | pin connector, no idea if they mate, much less if they will function | with respect to compatability. | | I did a quick Google search w/o any luck (although I did find a Newal | brand scale to Acu-rite (and other displays) interface list). I do | have information on setting the dip switches in the Acu-rite display | for the various scale measuring increments. |

Reply to
carl mciver

I've received good support from Acu-rite. Email or call them. I have some documentation on Acu-rite scale connectors and interfaces, though I don't recall whether it was something they sent me or if I got it online.

My Acu-rite Millmate and Turnmate are the oddballs in that they use scales with a raw analog output from the detector, but these scales have a D-sub connector. I think all the other Acu-rite readouts use a TTL level interface and the same circular connector and pinout. Best to check though, I'm sure you'll find them helpful.

Ned Simmons

Reply to
Ned Simmons

My Anilam scales plugged directly into my Accurite II head and work fine after the Anilam head started getting flakey due to a loose solder joint somewhere in it that I cant find.

Gunner

"Gunner, you are the same ridiculous liberal f--k you ever where." Scipio

Reply to
Gunner