Acu-Rite 3 DRO info request

I scrounged up a minty Acu-Rite III dro control the other day. Out of the trash can actually..both scales were toast but the head lit up, so I took it home on general princibles.

Seeing that my Analam scales used the same plug, on a lark I plugged em in..and damned if it doesnt work just fine with those scales. Hodathunkit.

My Analam readout is flaky, has been flakey since I got it, so Im going to use the Acu Rite. Hopefully it will not start blinking random numbers about the time Im doing something precision...sigh. again..and again..and ag...

Model 387

Anyways..I can figure out how to zero both axis..thats not a problem..but what the dickens does Auto Enable do?

How do I do a preset?

What does incremental do in the grand scale of things? I assume I program a preset distance..say 1.5 and switching to INC, it should count up to 1.5, then start over again until I get to 1.5? etc?

How is this implimented?

My Anilam didnt have these bells and whistles...and Ive searched the net for a users guide or manual to no luck. I understand its pretty old..but it works..and thats all I need it to do.

A quick heads up on the above questions would be gratefuly appreciated.

"At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child - miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosphy of sniveling brats." -- P.J. O'Rourke

Reply to
Gunner

Never mind..sigh..

I unknotted my brain long enough to actually look for the Acu-Rite webpage and not do a google on the dro..and found the manual in their tech support section..

Thanks anyways.

Gunner

"At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child - miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosphy of sniveling brats." -- P.J. O'Rourke

Reply to
Gunner

Glad you got it running. I'll just add that the folks at Acu-Rite have absolute top shelf tech service. I've had to call a couple times and, as Tony the Tiger says, "THEY'RE GREAT"

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend