IGES TYPE QUERY

Hi there,

I wonder why we have some many form of curves in IGES? Can't type 126 more than enough to create a curve? Why we still need the 100, 104, or

108?

Form type in field 15 in the directory entry(DE) for type 126 has options:

0 - form of curve must be determined from the rational b spline parameters 1 - line 2 - circular arc 3 - elliptical arc 4 - parabolic arc 5 - hyperbolic arc

In order words, why iges provide the option in type 142 to have BPTR - pointer to the DE of the entity that contain the definition of the curve B in the parametric space (u,v) of the surface CPTR - pointer to the DE of the curve C

If we select 0 in type 126, then CPTR is NULL and type 100, 104 or 108 wont be necessary anymore.

I wonder if it is not always possible to intepret a curve using

126(rational b spline entity)?

what kind of curve in general not doing well if we use tpe 126?

please correct me if I am wrong.

thanks

julia

Reply to
joy_julia446

thanks. It kind of strange to me that some iges file(simply these type

144, 142, 126, 102, 128) can be read in some software(like solidworks) and some can't.

julia

Reply to
joy_julia446