just got a new lcd widescreen

how do I adjust it so the round holes look round and not oval? IT installed software with it and I thought that would take care of it, but not

Reply to
greif

Could just be your monitor settings. See what the buttons on your monitor do. Mine allow for stretching vertical and horizontal.

Reply to
That70sTick

With my Samsung 226BW the setting is:

Control Panel>Display>Settings>1680X1050 (with the slider)

At many different resolutions that I have tried, this gives the "roundest" circles.

Gary

Reply to
gk

You need to set the resolution of the display driver to the same values as the physical resolution of the display.

Bob

Reply to
<castlebravo242

Your IT dept obviously has their head up their ass.

Reply to
weird

they did not have the monitor software loaded corectly... iditis... i went and got the cd from them and fixed, but don't like the monitor

22" hp i hav to go to high res. to get round circles but then refresh rate is only 60 and i can notice that. even though it has . 22mm dot size i think it looks coarse... would rather have my crt back
Reply to
greif

Don't give up yet! First off, a 60Hz refresh rate is more than adequate for an LCD. They don't flicker like a CRT. 60Hz will be the refresh rate at any resolution.

Secondly, go into Display Properties, Appearance tab, click on Effects, and change "Use the following method to smooth edges of screen fonts:" to ClearType. That will smooth out your text quite nicely.

Reply to
JP