Windows Server 2008

Has anybody tried running SolidWorks under Windows Server 2008? According to one of the more knowledgable EEs at work, it offers the benefits of Vista without the eye candy overhead.

Jerry Steiger

Reply to
Jerry Steiger

"Jerry Steiger" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net:

Truly, I can't remember what the benefits are. Not being facetious, I really can't remember because the negatives have the overwhelming majority of mindshare. Off the top of my head I can only remember randomized memory allocation to improve resistance to buffer overflow attacks.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

And that's like eating Limburger Cheese because you don't want to take the time to take a bath.

TOP

Reply to
TOP