Macro to identify zero thickness geometry

I was wondering if anyone has a SW macro that can display the locations of zero thickness geometry conditions.

Thanks in advance.

CG

Reply to
CAD Guy

solidworks will not make a feature if it creates 0 thickness. so there would be no way to look for somthing that is not created.

also if you understand what 0 thickness is then you can tell on the screen were 0 thickness is happening.

Reply to
Sean Phillips

Sean,

I beg to differ.

If you create a multi-body part (i.e. - weldment), it is certainly possible to create zero thickness geometry conditions.

If you use COSMOSWorks, you must combine all of the bodies to run a stress analysis at the part level. Currently, COSMOSWorks doesn't support analysis of multi-body parts.

As an alternative, I use the "Save Bodies" command to create a standalone assembly which can be analyzed with COSMOSWorks. This approach works OK, but takes more steps, and creates additional files to manage.

If zero thickness geometry conditions were displayed when using the combine command, it would allow users to more easily modify the model, to eliminate these problems.

Sorry I didn't clarify the situation more clearly in my earlier post.

Besr regards,

CG

Reply to
John Picinich