Macro to calculate section properties of an assembly at a selected plane

Dear API gurus,

Does anyone have a macro they would share, that calculates the section properties of an assembly at a selected plane?

Thanks in advance.

CG

Reply to
CAD Guy

How many bits in the assembly?

You can take a section view of the model (or a drawing), select all the faces, and use tools-section properties to get this info...

(for a particular plane, select it as the section plane when defining the section view in the model)...

Reply to
Aussie

Aussie,

Thanks for your reply.

The issue I have with the current implementation is the amount of effort required to select the individual faces that intersect the section plane.

My API skills are lacking and I was hoping someone had all ready addressed this issue.

Best regards,

CG

Reply to
CAD Guy