Adding notes to parts/assemblies

I'm working on a new program and our goal is to eliminate drawings for all sheet metal parts and implode the info into the sheet metal part/assembly. In the past, the drawings were created to show notes, PEM hardware and some critical dimension.

Has anybody gone paperless with a sheet metal house and what has been the overall experience?

What is the best way to implode all the necessary information into the model files so that is easily viewed / shared with the vendor? I'm not sure if just adding annotation notes is the best way.

Any input or shared thoughts is appreciated.

Thanks, B-

Reply to
bb

bb, Have you looked at using the SolidWorks design binder? If your sheet metal house is also using SolidWorks you could put all of the informaiton into a document there.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Doyle