Multi-thickness open-ended shell problem

I'm using Solidworks 2003 Education Edition.

I would like to create a multi-thickness shell on a part (a small brush-style vacuum cleaner attachment; if anyone has taken the Advanced Part Modelling training, it's the one that starts on p52).

The attachment has a 2mm shell for most of the body, and a 4mm shell for the cylindrical part that attaches to the tube. Both ends are open.

With a single-thickness shell, I can get both ends of the part to open, but if I try a multi-thickness shell, I do get both thicknesses, but the face selected in the multi-thickness settings section does not open.

Any tips on what I'm doing wrong here?

Reply to
D Byrnes

"D Byrnes" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@novus-tele.net:

Yeah, the way you have described it is the way it's supposed to work.

If you want an end to open, put it in the first box. If you want a wall to have a different thickness, put it in the second box (the one that says "multi thickness faces")

And you will need to do the shell before adding the fillets between faces that have different thicknesses.

matt

Reply to
matt

Cheers, Matt. That's what I needed to know.

Reply to
D Byrnes