Newby mechanism assembly question

I am trying to model a kind of machine screw mechanism as might be found in a workshop vice or scissor jack. I seam unable to get the 'nut' and screw
to mate. This occurs if I make a simple thread or my more complex version.
Any ideas or better yet models to examine?
Thanks, Neil.
Please see the grahic I posted at
http://www.coolfleet.com/web/thread_type_cam.jpg
The bearing pins sit within the irregular helixes translating the vertical motion into rotation.
Any help will be really appreciated.
Thanks, Neil
PS: first day on the usenet, yes a moderator is needed.
Neil,
Did you tried using tangent and limit mates. Also you can create one surface and add a coincident mate.
Deepak

Ah.. here is the thread.. were you trying to do something like this...
http://www.zxys.com/misc/rot-lin_NEW.avi http://www.zxys.com/misc/barrel_cam-zxys.zip
..

Very cool, am trying that right now...
Yes,