Newby mechanism assembly question

I am trying to model a kind of machine screw mechanism as might be found in a workshop vice or scissor jack. I seam unable to get the 'nut' and screw to mate. This occurs if I make a simple thread or my more complex version.

Any ideas or better yet models to examine?

Thanks, Neil.

Reply to
Neil

Please see the grahic I posted at

The bearing pins sit within the irregular helixes translating the vertical motion into rotation.

Any help will be really appreciated.

Thanks, Neil

PS: first day on the usenet, yes a moderator is needed.

Reply to
Neil

Neil,

Did you tried using tangent and limit mates. Also you can create one surface and add a coincident mate.

Deepak

Reply to
Engineer

Ah.. here is the thread.. were you trying to do something like this...

Please see the grahic I posted at

paul

Very cool, am trying that right now...

Reply to