Notes / Labels in a sketch

I am doing some R&D work for a kitchen cabinet company. We are trying to find a nice looking profile so I modeled up a raised panel with a few arches in the top portion of it. When we are discussing different points in the drawing it gets confusing. Is there a way to label points or features. For example, he wants the know the x,y coordinates for the beginning and end points of each arch. We would like to label them "A", "B", "C", etc. so we are both talking about the same point. Can this be done? (Solidworks has been a real blessing in this area because I can change one dimension and see what the rest of the profile looks like when it changes with the constraints / equations we have inputted.)

Thanks,

Relz

Reply to
Relz

My first thought is just put notes with arrows on the various points. You can make them visible by having Display Annotations checked.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Why not use eDrawings for the discussion and have him mark it up? They you will have a record of changes to go on.

Reply to
TOP

You may want to consider the use of "Named Views" & the annotation option "Display items only in the view orientation in which they are created." It is a bit cumbersome to set up but I've done it in the past as a "poorman's slide show". Basically. all you need to do is go to a descriptive view and created your first note, then save a named view (like, Step One). Next, change the view by: rotating just a hair, zooming in or by switching to a conpletely different orientation altogether, add another note or two, then save another named view (Step Two). Repeat this process until you have conveyed your intentions.

Reply to
Eddie