printing cross sections of a STL file in 2d

Hello,

I am hoping I can get some answers to a question I have been having all kinds of problems with. Assuming I have an STL file, and I want to print the cross sections onto paper in the same way that they would be deposited by a rapid prototyper what is the best way to do so? At worst I could use a freeware viewer and just print screen/ print screen to file type of operation but I would think simpler methods exist.

More importantly what is the best software package to do this often?

Thanks for any help

Ghostwriter

Reply to
ghostwriter

When STL files are imported to SolidWorks, the default is for the result to simply be a "Graphic Body" representation of the 3D object. Although the imported graphic can be dynamically rotated and viewed, there is no solid object.

If the translati> Hello,

Reply to
POH