Properties panel split control?

How can I control the way the design tree panel splits while in assembly?

Sometimes the panel spits into 2 separate panels showing the same tree top and bottom. If I select view mates, they will be displayed in a separate split panel below (this is good).

I want to be able to control the way the panel splits and to keep the dividers in one place but it seems to change without any logic. And sometimes I can right click on a part and the mates will be displayed in a lower panel.

How can I have control over this??

BTW, I'm using 2006; soon to go to 2007 - tell me 2007 has control over the config. of the panel display......

Thanks, Rob

Reply to
321design

This has been an unadressed problem with SW for many years. The best you can do is make a macro to toggle them back to one.

Reply to
TOP

Try this macro out and let me know if it does what you want.

Matt

fcsuper

This has been a PITA for as long as I can remember. If you had a car and every time you put your foot on the gas you expect the transmission to kick down a gear - not shift into reverse instead then into neutral.

Sorry, but like the rest of us just take a deep inward breath and breath out slowly a few times.

The whole erratic behaviour of the feature manager is one of the biggest and most obvious displays of the inept programming, also one of the reasons why alot of maintenance subscribers (me included) are seriously thinking of flagging away paying any more money to maintenance subscription if they are unable or unwilling to address these glaring c*ck-ups. To back up the above read Don V's post in thread "Things that bug me!" to see other wonderful things that have been waiting to be fixed for years.

Vent valve now closing, pressure returning to near normal

Reply to
Nev Williams

So much for "hearing the voice of the customer"

Thanks for the replies - Rob

Reply to
321design

"321design" wrote

In 2007 you can pin the "view mates" panel so that it stays there. However, one new "enhancement" is that when you select a component, it automatically hides all the other components which it is not mated to. This can be useful, but I've also found myself needing to see the other components at the same time, plus it has to redraw the screen when you "escape" from the command.

So, 1.1 steps forward, 1 step back.

John H

Reply to
John H