Question for Ed and/or Matt

Hello All,

I will be giving a very rudimentary talk on SW surfacing at our next SWUG (MARISUG) meeting. So my question for Ed or Matt (or anyone else for that matter) is; How do you guys do the exploded surfaces thing, like the ones in your PowerPoints?

An example is on Matts HybridModeling PPT slide # 17.

Thanks, Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

those are just offset surfaces

offset the faces one by one, not all together. if you do them all together, they will extend to stay in contact.

Best of luck!

Reply to
matt

or put equal radius fillets around a block and use delete face with the delete option to delete all of the fillet faces.

Reply to
matt

AHH! (sound of lights going on) one surface at a time.

You know, for a pretty smart guy, I still am so amazed at how stupid I am. Thanks Matt, You're the man!

Muggs

matt wrote:

Reply to
Muggs

Thanks Matt - saved me some typing. Good luck, Muggs. I'm sure it will be great. Ed

Reply to
ed1701